Alien Arena Official Forums
Need a little help :: Making Mobile App for Android - Printable Version

+- Alien Arena Official Forums (http://red.planetarena.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (http://red.planetarena.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://red.planetarena.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Need a little help :: Making Mobile App for Android (/showthread.php?tid=69)

Pages: 1 2

Need a little help :: Making Mobile App for Android - Mischief - 06-19-2012

So I'm using andromo.com to make sort of an companion app for Alien Arena. It currently has news feeds from the site, dev blog, new forum threads, twitter, face book, youtube channel, and I'm working on sort of a wiki type site for it. I wanted to put weapon info and images, stock maps and images, FAQ(currently have the one from chaingun.org, will give credit in app), I figure I can have a links section.....

Any other ideas? And if you have an android phone let me know, I'll PM a link and you can give me some ideas... Just know that I am limited with what I can do. I am not coding the app.

Some of the Icons I've made for the app so far:

Main: [Image: appIcon.png] Blog: [Image: blog.png] News: [Image: news.png] Facebook:[Image: facebook.png]

Resources: [Image: resources.png] Threads: [Image: thread.png] Twitter: [Image: twitter.png] Website: [Image: website.png]

EDIT: Also, I need more FAQ questions. Some of the links on the chaingun page are broken. So I had to remove some of them. I will post pics of the app once I get more stuff in it.

RE: Need a little help :: Making Mobile App for Android - Ewax - 06-19-2012

I have no experience about app coding etc. so far. But i can say smth about your icons. They are already done or is it an example how it could be? You have worked with flows, thats good, but i think its too much. You can set the background flow back because its about the user, who will use it and it should be clearly recognizable! And what is happened with the AA-Logo, it's not the original logo ( the outside margin is missing). One thing i can say about logos, you should never change it.

KEEP UP!

RE: Need a little help :: Making Mobile App for Android - Mischief - 06-19-2012

(06-19-2012, 07:16 AM)Ewax Wrote: I have no experience about app coding etc. so far. But i can say smth about your icons. They are already done or is it an example how it could be? You have worked with flows, thats good, but i think its too much. You can set the background flow back because its about the user, who will use it and it should be clearly recognizable! And what is happened with the AA-Logo, it's not the original logo ( the outside margin is missing). One thing i can say about logos, you should never change it.

KEEP UP!

For the Icons, I was done, but can you elaborate? or show an example of what you mean by flows? I think your talking about the gradient, I havn't heard them called flows before.

As far as the logo, I wanted to make it look like the orb head was just kind of bumped out of the icon, I feel I achieved that. But I have no problems changing it.

Really just need pointed in the direction of weapon thumbnails, map thumbnails, etc... I know it used to be on the website, at least I thought, so if someone could shed light on that it'd be much appreciated.

And thanks Ewox for the suggestions. Big Grin

RE: Need a little help :: Making Mobile App for Android - Ewax - 06-19-2012

Hehe, yea i call it "flow". I like this english word, but you are right i mean gradient. And about the outside margin of the logo, yea i know what you mean, but it looks not really good - sry mate ^^. Maybe somebody could think "huh whats that, mmhh looks really poor" we should prevent it -> AA = Quality, right? Big Grin

Here I've made some examples what i mean about your gradient. Also I thought we should put the outside margin (AA logo) into the background - connection parts or the other stuff like the twitter logo etc. in red - connection to the eyes of the aa logo. Maybe you have some other ideas.

[Image: iconexampleaar3wkgjmvs7.png]

RE: Need a little help :: Making Mobile App for Android - Mischief - 06-19-2012

Well since you did such a good job, you wanna be my icon man?

RE: Need a little help :: Making Mobile App for Android - berycz - 06-20-2012

the logo was strange, i agree... but i think the gradient looks good Smile

RE: Need a little help :: Making Mobile App for Android - Ewax - 06-20-2012

(06-19-2012, 05:44 PM)Mischief Wrote: Well since you did such a good job, you wanna be my icon man?

Ok, i've made every aa icon (in different sizes) that you need for the android phone! Now, it looks more like an app-icon!

EDIT: There were two mistakes (two sizes weren't adapted) in the order 96x96, but i've fixed it!

RE: Need a little help :: Making Mobile App for Android - Mischief - 06-20-2012

I'll look at it later. Thanks sir!

RE: Need a little help :: Making Mobile App for Android - Mischief - 06-20-2012

Ewax! Those are awesome! I need them 128x128 though. Sorry, I should have said that before. Otherwise though, they rock. Looks much nicer, I also took the image in the back out, and just used a regular gradient. It looks much nicer. Once you get me those 128x128 images, I'll post more screens.

RE: Need a little help :: Making Mobile App for Android - Ewax - 06-21-2012

You like it, that's great! I thought that would be the standard sizes for apps, 36-96 but hey no problem, here are the 128 sizes!
download file -> http://www.file-upload.net/download-4465711/aa-icon_128.zip.html