Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug with last released version of game.
05-03-2017, 11:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2017, 09:27 PM by DeathRay.)
Bug with last released version of game.
hey guys i have a few folks that have contacted me tring to get the game to work and after they download the game to there comp and load it it will crash! one of the guys is running a kinda new nvidia gfx card is there a fix out there or a eta on a fix!
05-04-2017, 12:11 AM,
RE: bug on website
Would be best if they post here themselves.
We need more details then "nVidia gfx card"
Real specs of the PC, for example, operating system.
Also, what is happening, can they get a screendump, can they find the qconsole
and so on.
Ban? Who Can I Ban???
05-04-2017, 08:25 PM,
i sent him a message to apply over here bonny so you should be hearing from him soon and he is also a content creater and has different folks watching him then i do!
05-04-2017, 09:26 PM,
Unfortunately there is only one thing he can do, and that is grab the alienarena.exe file from the SVN repo - http://svn.icculus.org/*checkout*/aliena...narena.exe

The results might be pretty highly unpredictable, if not awful, but there is at this point little reason for us to deal with the bug. The problem is NVIDIA's driver increased their config strings to a massive number, and we had a static sized string that was no longer large enough, so it crashes the game instantly. The problem was fixed, but not until after the release.
05-06-2017, 03:19 PM,
RE: Bug with last released version of game.
I know on Linux there's an environment variable to force the NVIDIA driver to produce a shorter extension string to work around old games. I don't know if there's a similar setting on Windows or not.
Quote:* maxtothemax is back
<maxtothemax> with a vengeance
<maxtothemax> and chips
<maxtothemax> and bean dip