Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ScareCrow Fields
04-07-2014, 11:47 AM,
RE: ScareCrow Fields
I'm not sure which textures were missing. I just "merged" aa3rdparty SVN with the downloadrepo and noticed that it uploaded few files in a directory named chang.
Yes, but there are downloadrepo related changes in SVN. So your game will always try the hardcoded/official repo first before it tries the repo setted on the server. So my upload works for svn users only (except rigel doesnt uses a own repo).
(04-07-2014, 11:25 AM)animal Wrote: Yeah but Rigel has to update his repo also. He uses his servers as the sv_sownloadurl.
Btw, which textures are they?
(04-05-2014, 02:06 PM)Freaky Wrote:
(04-02-2014, 06:40 PM)jarhead Wrote: I tried it yesterday on DO euro, but some textures were missing, I think mainly all fields were in red/black. [...]
Yes some textures were missing. I've uploaded them to martianbackup so you should download them next time - sorry for missing it Cool
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
04-07-2014, 08:16 PM,
I downloaded the zip file from this thread then uploaded that to http://martianbackup.com/sv_downloadurl/. I did the same for the DO repo. I don't know what textures were missing or how that could be unless they were missing from the zip?

Note: The DO repo checks martianbackup.com each night, if there are changes then it downloads anything new from martianbackup.com so that the DO repo should always have everything that's on martianbackup.com plus anything that BG is doing or anyone else that gives me maps to include (these would be beta maps - full release 3rd party maps should all be on martianbackup.com).
[Image: dorig.png](Art by {OS}Drastic)
system specs in profile
09-25-2014, 11:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 11:28 AM by Chang.)
New version 1.2
Hello again people.
After sometime without news i found a problem in some modes of my first map, so i made i new update.
This new update would be the 1.2 version and it fix the next:
  • Fixed "TCA (Team Core Assault)" mode: Blue team nodes now are in the map.
  • Fixed "TCA-AOA (Team Core Assault - All Out Assault)" mode: Blue team nodes now are in the map.
This means the only 2 files have been fixed, rebuilded and updated. Are the next:
  • tca-scarecrow.bsp
  • tca-scarecrow-aoa.bsp
Everything else, still without modifications, including the path for change the height of trees's branches, that, of course still working with this last version. So you will can find the new version in my first post and here too.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xwb9599cw0o2qv8/map_scarecrow_1.1.zip
Enjoy your new TCA modes and if you have some problem, post it here.

[EDITED] It looks the this problem is only with old versions of crx, so i returned back to the 1.1 version to evit problems and troubles with the game (Because map's names are the same)
09-25-2014, 08:31 PM,
RE: New version 1.2
(09-25-2014, 11:54 AM)Chang Wrote: Everything else, still without modifications
Do you have any idea why the FPS is so poor in the CTF version?
[Image: dorig.png](Art by {OS}Drastic)
system specs in profile
09-26-2014, 11:28 AM,
RE: New version 1.2
(09-25-2014, 08:31 PM){DO}Rigel Wrote:
(09-25-2014, 11:54 AM)Chang Wrote: Everything else, still without modifications
Do you have any idea why the FPS is so poor in the CTF version?
Maybe is the rain effects over the floors (with the reflection too), because the map is the same than the other versions, but with different lighting. same polygons, and textures resolution.
09-26-2014, 12:09 PM,
Chang, it's pretty good that you fixed the map.
But that won't work that way!
Releasing multiple maps with the same name causes troubles and incompatiblity problems. I'm sure many have downloaded the tca versions. It might even be on some servers and so on... AA doesn't has a system to update the bsp files somehow. So please fix it again by renaming the tca maps into tca-scarecrow2k14(-aoa). I'm gonna upload it to the downloadrepo afterward.
Beside this if you've only add those blue team nodes it would be imho smarter to to fix it via an .entdef file. There wouldnt be any compatiblity issues then...
09-26-2014, 04:51 PM,
@Rigel
(12-08-2013, 03:36 PM)Freaky Wrote: the performance of your map is very bad, but you can't really do anything to improve it. it's because of the wide open layout, the weather effects, the vegetation, the shaders etc... you dont have a wpoly count of almost 9000 in impact or eizo. my fps are on some versions under 20, with 5 players they might drop to 15 what isn't smooth.
09-27-2014, 10:52 AM,
(09-26-2014, 12:09 PM)Freaky Wrote: Chang, it's pretty good that you fixed the map.
But that won't work that way!
Releasing multiple maps with the same name causes troubles and incompatiblity problems. I'm sure many have downloaded the tca versions. It might even be on some servers and so on... AA doesn't has a system to update the bsp files somehow. So please fix it again by renaming the tca maps into tca-scarecrow2k14(-aoa). I'm gonna upload it to the downloadrepo afterward.
Beside this if you've only add those blue team nodes it would be imho smarter to to fix it via an .entdef file. There wouldnt be any compatiblity issues then...
But the problem is that this is only for fix a bug of the old map, this is not a new version, just only in the old version there's no blue nodes, because when i added them, i did it to low (over the floor), and after to build it, there was only red nodes in the map, so only blue team can disable them, to destroy the spyder. Red team cant win, because the cant disable nodes.
09-27-2014, 12:50 PM,
(09-27-2014, 10:52 AM)Chang Wrote: But the problem is that this is only for fix a bug of the old map, this is not a new version, just only in the old version there's no blue nodes, because when i added them, i did it to low (over the floor), and after to build it, there was only red nodes in the map, so only blue team can disable them, to destroy the spyder. Red team cant win, because the cant disable nodes.
I understand your proint, but it still causes troubles!
Well actually there is absolutly NO problem in your preveious map! So it doesn't matter anymore. But beware for future: Don't release a map with the same name!
I don't know what version of crx you are using (the version of the game, you can see it in the console) but I know there WERE a bug in the past where you had to place the nodes (I think only the blue ones for some reason) 24 units over the ground. But this was a engine bug anyway Wink It was fixed in version 7.60 (or even before), so years ago! you don't have the worry about it anymore - its working just fine (i just tried it again). Thats probably the reason why nobody reportet that "bug" because they didn't notice it...

please update your map to the previous state and all problems are solved
cheers
09-28-2014, 11:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 11:30 AM by Chang.)
Okay, i didnt know that it was problem of the crx version. Yes i have a old version of crx because i don't use this game (The old version) for play online. So okay i will return to the old version, that it looks the works with new crx versions.
At finish there's no change to versions
See you people.
Smile