Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Generation 3
01-09-2014, 04:41 AM,
RE: Generation 3
One Martian Enforcer, coming right up Smile

Just need to do the red and blue skins, and then I'll put all three models into SVN before working on the others.

[Image: martianenforcer_v3.jpg]
01-09-2014, 02:36 PM,
That's really impressive Irr.! What about the Overlord? Does he get a new look too?
01-09-2014, 04:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014, 04:43 PM by DeathRay.)
Yup, the Overlord and Cyborg will both receive extensive changes similar to the Martians.

I've committed the two Martians and Commander to SVN today. You'll note that the Tron skins are no longer there, as they would not work with the new models. I've also decided that the base game will only have the 3 skins per model, I want to keep things simple and clean.

I would recommend removing any 3rd party skins for these 3 models in your arena/players folder. None of them will work properly with these new meshes.
01-09-2014, 06:23 PM,
Nice work Irritant... looking forward seeing more Smile
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
01-10-2014, 04:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2014, 04:36 AM by DeathRay.)
Slashbot has been updated now as well. This one was a quick job, mostly because this was the one model I felt was close to being pretty good quality. So it's changes are a little more subtle, and is only 2000 polys, just not much needed really. Mostly the mesh got massaged and rounded in a few places, the skin re-unwrapped where it was poorly done, and the skin updated as well as much better normal maps.

[Image: slashbot_v3_ingame.jpg]

Comparison shot:
[Image: alien-arena-mac-screenshot-2.jpg]

[Image: slashbot_v3.jpg]

Next I will be working on the Martian Overlord, which like the Martian, is a very extensive overhaul and will take a week or so.
01-11-2014, 10:55 AM,
The changes are quite subtle, but I agree with you in that the slashbot really was awesome from the beginning, looking forward to seeing the next models, especially the martian cyborg ;-)

01-12-2014, 04:35 AM,
Overlord nearly finished and in-game. Should have it ready later today. This one was a lot of work, even though I was able to use the legs and arm parts from the Martians. Should look pretty frightening and intimidating in the game.

[Image: overlord_v3_progress3.jpg]
01-12-2014, 08:00 AM,
Wink  RE: Generation 3
The martian overlord is another model I liked in its original form, I like the changes though, he makes the character he is based on look like a pussy Cool

01-12-2014, 01:12 PM,
Nice work!!! Scary martians...
01-12-2014, 05:30 PM,
Overlord now in SVN. I might add a little more red/blue patches to the teams skins, but otherwise I think it came out decently. Probably going to do the Martian Cyborg next, another one that will receive a major update.

[Image: overlord_v3_ingame.jpg]