Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Generation 3
05-02-2017, 06:47 PM,
RE: Generation 3
Massive update to player models and game. This adds in a whole new set of animations for moving sideways. A very drastic change and improvement over how players looks while strafing. If you want to see it, set skill to high, and play against bots, who will strafe a lot without as much jumping/crouching. The bot code for that was also drastically improved.

It's a pretty big step forward Smile (or sideways Tongue) Now, I am wondering if I should add backwards running animations? Hmmmm
06-23-2017, 02:46 PM,
RE: Generation 3
Over the past few days, I've committed some very major updates in SVN. For Linux users, wait until the makefiles have been updated.

One of the most drastic changes, are the skyboxes. While those skyboxes were pretty decent, circa 2004 when I made them, it has gotten to the point where the actual level outshines the skybox, and that should always be the opposite - the skybox should be something that lifts the level up. It was time for an update, so I found some great free(free as in do WTF you want with them) as well as some I bought. They are all much, much higher quality, and very beautiful and fit well with each level they are used in.

I also updated the human player models, increasing the polycount on their faces - as it was too low and the shading was coming off poorly.

Otherwise, I have just a few minor items left on my list to do before beginning Steamworks integration next week.