Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CTF/DM Conexus2
01-04-2014, 07:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014, 02:46 PM by DaKota.)
CTF/DM Conexus2
I thought about it to make a new version of the "Conexus" map. The first one is a FAIL!
Disorientation (CTF), bad performance and the huge areas are really bad for a fast fps game.
Now, i'm presenting the new Version. We have two buildings, that are connected with
two corridors. It's still the same idea of the first one and the performance should be ok now.
The botfile is still missing, but i'll create it with the final one. Let me know, if you find some mistakes
or tell me smth about the gameplay.

Greetings

[Image: qydb.jpg]
01-04-2014, 08:55 AM,
RE: CTF/DM Conexus2
I've commited it on aa3rdparty SVN and on martianbackup (official http downloadrepo).

http://www.aa3rdparty.org/uploads/conexus2-beta.zip

Review follows, but screenshot looks promising Smile
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
01-04-2014, 10:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014, 11:07 AM by Freaky.)
- The design reminds me on aquila, it looks kind of "plain"/simple but great Smile
- Its performance is great Wink in other words nobody should have fps drops on this map even with a lot of players.
- many meshes/mapmodels throws odd shadows. it happens from time to time. you can fix it by setting in the entitie editor
key: "spawnflags" ;value: "1"
on each misc_mapmodel that throws a wrong shadow. Those meshes wont have a shadow ingame (its better as a wrong one).
Some screenshots of what i mean: Screenshot1 Screenshot2 Screenshot3
- The jumppad at the rocket_launcher in the dm version and on the red side in the ctf version needs some adjustment. They throw you in the wrong direction while the other jumppads throw you at the upper level.
- The weapon placement differs. It might be OK but you should fix it at least in the ctf version, otherwise one side might have an advantage. For example on ctf-corrosion is a flamethrower instead of a chaingun in one base, this often has a impact in the gameplay. > Red-side vs Blue-side
- The layout is fine. There are a lot of corridors and less wide opened areas. This makes the map complex and offers a lot of ways from flag to flag in CTF, what makes the gameplay more interesting...

Good work Smile

note: would be nice to release your source Wink
01-04-2014, 12:16 PM,
Thx for your suggestions mate!

(01-04-2014, 10:46 AM)Freaky Wrote: - many meshes/mapmodels throws odd shadows. it happens from time to time. you can fix it by setting in the entitie editor
key: "spawnflags" ;value: "1"
on each misc_mapmodel that throws a wrong shadow. Those meshes wont have a shadow ingame (its better as a wrong one).
Some screenshots of what i mean: Screenshot1 Screenshot2 Screenshot3

I've never seen this before, cause my graphic card isn't the best one. I guess there is no other way to fix them (except of changing brushes).

(01-04-2014, 10:46 AM)Freaky Wrote: note: would be nice to release your source Wink

Big Grin
01-04-2014, 12:44 PM,
I tested the CTF version today together with freaky.
The design looks a bit like aquila, like freaky already mentioned. It doesn't look like the old conexus at all.
I like it a lot!
03-02-2014, 02:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 11:32 AM by DaKota.)
Final Release!

What did i change? I haven't changed many things except of freaky's suggestions - thx mate Smile

- correction of the odd shadows
- the directions of the jumppads
- creation of the botfiles
- the weapon placements

DOWNLOAD
03-02-2014, 04:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014, 05:39 PM by Freaky.)
Nice work. I'm going to have a look at it later
Edit: I walked through the map and I haven't found any "mistake" Smile
- Good work, keep it up!

I've uploaded the map on aa3rdparty:
http://aa3rdparty.org/uploads/conexus2.zip (note: I "fixed" its file hierarchy)
I've uploaded it to martianbackup, added it to aa3rdparty SVN and added the levelshot to the GSBrowser.
03-04-2014, 06:33 AM,
What an awesome map, great work Dakota, first completed map of 2014!

03-12-2014, 12:56 PM,
(03-02-2014, 04:20 PM)Freaky Wrote: Nice work. I'm going to have a look at it later
Edit: I walked through the map and I haven't found any "mistake" Smile
- Good work, keep it up!

I've uploaded the map on aa3rdparty:
http://aa3rdparty.org/uploads/conexus2.zip (note: I "fixed" its file hierarchy)
I've uploaded it to martianbackup, added it to aa3rdparty SVN and added the levelshot to the GSBrowser.
Hi people Smile
Your map looks very nice, but i cant download it, The web site say: "This site is temporarily unavailable". What is happening? How i can download it?
Thanks for all people Smile
03-12-2014, 01:20 PM,
that site is temporary not available.
maybe someone can upload that map to a filesharing host (soz, i do not have it), or join a server where it is on and the game will
download it for you.
Ban? Who Can I Ban???