Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ALL SVN USERS: PLEASE UPDATE!(2014 March)
05-13-2014, 04:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-13-2014, 05:19 AM by {DO}Rigel.)
RE: ALL SVN USERS: PLEASE UPDATE!(2014 March)
(05-13-2014, 04:13 AM)Herr Dierk Wrote: Rigel, I'm working also with Mint 16 and first I had some trouble too. But when I installed this list. Everything was fine and worked for me

sudo apt-get install libx11-dev libxxf86dga-dev libxxf86vm-dev
libgl1-mesa-dev libopenal-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev
libcurl4-gnutls-dev libfreetype6-dev libjpeg8-dev libode-dev g++

After this
./configure
Sudo Make
Sudo Make Install
Thank you for your idea! Smile Unfortunately it din't help Confused

This is my compile process:
Code:
cd $HOME/alienarena/
svn update
export CFLAGS="-O3 -g -pipe -march=native -fset-stackprotector-all"
./configure --enable-silent-rules
make -j 4 | tee build.log 2>&1
sudo make install | tee install.log 2>&1

I removed:
Code:
export CFLAGS="-O3 -g -pipe -march=native -fset-stackprotector-all"
and now it looks like its compiling... I'll update when its done

Results:
Yep, that works.

I was trying to follow this:
(03-06-2014, 01:45 AM)stratokaztr Wrote: Recommendations:
  • * Add --enable-silent-rules to the ./configure command line. That will reduce the output from the build. It used to be enabled by default, but it turns out that is considered to be bad practice.

* There will still be a lot of output. I do this to redirect output to log files:
    ** make 1>build.log 2>&1
    ** sudo make install 1>install.log 2>&1

* Before running ./configure, set compiler options:
    ** export CFLAGS="-O3 -g -pipe -march=native -fset-stackprotector-all"

* If you do an update and only .c and .h files were updated, then do make && sudo make install-exec. That is faster than sudo make install.
[Image: dorig.png](Art by {OS}Drastic)
system specs in profile
05-13-2014, 09:59 AM,
Oops, my mistake. The CFLAGS line should read:

export CFLAGS="-O3 -g -pipe -march=native -fstack-protector-all -DNDEBUG"

I do not know where the -fset-stackprotector-all came from (brain fart?). Also, should have the "-DNDEBUG", too.
Cool  Pie fixes everything. So does BACON!
05-13-2014, 09:02 PM,
Woohoo! That works fine! Thank you sir, much appreciation here Cool
(05-13-2014, 09:59 AM)stratokaztr Wrote: Oops, my mistake. The CFLAGS line should read:

export CFLAGS="-O3 -g -pipe -march=native -fstack-protector-all -DNDEBUG"

I do not know where the -fset-stackprotector-all came from (brain fart?). Also, should have the "-DNDEBUG", too.
[Image: dorig.png](Art by {OS}Drastic)
system specs in profile
07-15-2014, 01:01 AM,
Hey, it wasn't so bad after all.

If you don't feel like moving .codered, you can always do

mkdir -p .local/share
ln -s /path/to/.codered .local/share/cor-games

on 'nix, anyway
X
[Image: clantagXulb.png]
Original artwork by [OS]Drastic - Paul
Country of origin flag update by Uncle Caz
08-03-2014, 07:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2014, 07:37 AM by [SiN]trickybilly.)
Question. I do not understand some of the technical stuff above, SVN was so far these steps: http://red.planetarena.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=22
According to those steps, I made a tutorial to new players:

However I cannot find the .exe to run the game as previously. This thread says "The arena sub-directory holds the data and configuration files for alienarena (Unix/Linux) and alienarena.exe (Windows)."
Within my SVN directory the "arena" subdirectory is almost empty:
[Image: fSm2aPe.jpg]
[Image: piblvEJ.jpg]
08-03-2014, 12:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2014, 12:37 PM by stratokaztr.)
First, the SVN Checkout Log shown in the video looks odd -- more like an update than a checkout ???. Looks like the initial checkout failed for some reason.

Most of the configuration and data files in the arena sub-directory are created by running the program. Configuration files, such as config.cfg, are created the first time the program is run. Data files are created when 3rd party maps, for instance, are downloaded.

Also, I recommend using C:\alienarena as the destination for SVN checkout in tutorials. Anything else is likely to be confusing for some.
08-03-2014, 03:38 PM,
Thank you Strat, I did everything like in the video, but not sure why did it update instead of a checkout? I can use the c:/ drive for my tutorial, but I am not sure how to get a checkout rather than an update. What do you recommend me to do?
08-03-2014, 03:43 PM,
you might have used a foldername you used before.
it happened to me too, reinstalling aa from svn in a folder i gave the same name.
took me a few tries before i succeeded.
in the end, i needed a new name for the folder to have a failed install, and then installed it
succeeding in a new folder, with the "old" name.
Ban? Who Can I Ban???
08-03-2014, 04:11 PM,
That makes some sense. It is possible that Subversion has stored information in the registry associated with the directory name. I would consider it a Subversion bug if the actual contents of the checkout directory did not have priority over the registry.
11-17-2014, 08:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2014, 10:45 AM by animal.)
I am about to update my servers to the latest SVN. I am currently running a SVN version prior to 2.66.1. Are there any specific instructions on how to do this, or do the instructions in the first post in this thread apply? What is confusing me is that we have to run the game first and exit and then copy our old files.

*Edit
I forgot to mention that I am running a dedicated server on linux. But I can't remember if i had done the alternate install or not Smile
[Image: animalt.png]

Chaingun Server Browser
http://hal.nanoid.net/arena/tools/browser
Save a tree or two. Use both sides of toilet paper.