Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NOT A BUG] i don't see the lights on the shoulders of the players
05-16-2014, 08:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-25-2014, 10:57 AM by Max.)
Brick  [NOT A BUG] i don't see the lights on the shoulders of the players
hello to all,
I have a problem with the latest svn version AA
after you have installed the latest version of the game, the lights no longer appear on the shoulders of the players
I tried to completely uninstall the game and reinstall it but with little success
I have tried all kinds of video setup( compatibility performance quality etc..) but the lights do not appear
after fresh reinstall all players in game and in server are martianworriors
How can I solve this problem?
I thank anyone who can help me??
the specifications of my computer if it helps are these
cpu intel pentium 4 3,5gz
8 gb ram
gpu nvidia ge force gt630 4gb
OS Debian wheezy
[attachment=83]
the law is equal for all, in my country is one hope
[Image: Seclan.jpg]

05-16-2014, 09:06 AM,
RE: i don't see the lights on the shoulders of the players
This is not a problem, this is a new feature: colored skins instead of lights Wink
Ban? Who Can I Ban???
05-16-2014, 09:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2014, 09:54 AM by Devil.)
(05-16-2014, 09:06 AM)[SiN]bonfire Wrote: This is not a problem, this is a new feature: colored skins instead of lights Wink

thank you very much for the information bonfire
but how do I go back a version? say that I do not like this change Dodgy
prefer the old lightsSmile

but a part of the bug remain because when I play all players are martinwarrior do not see other models, belonging martianworriors Undecided

05-16-2014, 09:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2014, 09:53 AM by animal.)
I also updated. Looks good, except one thing. The closer you get to a model, the less colored is the skin until you get really close and you see the default skin as in with the lights. This could be bad when you respawn and you have an enemy and team mate reight close to you. It's hard then to tell who is who. It would be better if the color stayed the same no matter how close you are.

(05-16-2014, 09:50 AM)Devil Wrote: but how do I go back a version? say that I do not like this change Dodgy
you can revert back to an older revision with
Code:
svn update -r <revision number>
[Image: animalt.png]

Chaingun Server Browser
http://hal.nanoid.net/arena/tools/browser
Save a tree or two. Use both sides of toilet paper.
05-16-2014, 09:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2014, 10:07 AM by Devil.)
(05-16-2014, 09:50 AM)animal Wrote: I also updated. Looks good, except one thing. The closer you get to a model, the less colored is the skin until you get really close and you see the default skin as in with the lights. This could be bad when you respawn and you have an enemy and team mate reight close to you. It's hard then to tell who is who. It would be better if the color stayed the same no matter how close you are.

(05-16-2014, 09:50 AM)Devil Wrote: but how do I go back a version? say that I do not like this change Dodgy
you can revert back to an older revision with
Code:
svn update -r <revision number>

thank you very much Smile I'm sorry if the animal did not enter irc but I'm installing now
however I remain convinced that the lights are better than color skin , for me it is difficult to distinguish red from blue players, especially if I disable all the graphical effects, away from all the players seem to be only blue, stands very nea i see the difference

05-16-2014, 10:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2014, 10:15 AM by DeathRay.)
It does not show the default skin when close to the model, it shows the red and blue team skins. If you are not seeing them, please take a screenshot, because that would be a bug. If you're seeing all models as martians, that means you have set the "view all as martians" flag on, just disable that in the menu.

If you want to see the lights, type cl_dm_lights 1 in the console.

I highly suggest not going back in revisions, you will miss out on new features as we progress forward.

Also, disabling graphical effects would take away the red/blue tinting, so don't do that Smile
05-16-2014, 10:25 AM,
(05-16-2014, 10:12 AM)Irritant Wrote: It does not show the default skin when close to the model, it shows the red and blue team skins. If you are not seeing them, please take a screenshot, because that would be a bug. If you're seeing all models as martians, that means you have set the "view all as martians" flag on, just disable that in the menu.

If you want to see the lights, type cl_dm_lights 1 in the console.

I highly suggest not going back in revisions, you will miss out on new features as we progress forward.

Also, disabling graphical effects would take away the red/blue tinting, so don't do that Smile
Yes thats what i meant, as closer I get I see the default red/blue team skins Smile
[Image: animalt.png]

Chaingun Server Browser
http://hal.nanoid.net/arena/tools/browser
Save a tree or two. Use both sides of toilet paper.
05-16-2014, 10:52 AM,
guys thank you very much problem solved
thank you very much irritant
but the problem remains the skin becomes gray in color and not blue as it looked before, and players now become sometimes all martianwarriors gray but the lights are fine, as soon as I can snap some screenshout because now the problem is random frequency
but thank you again for your support

05-16-2014, 10:01 PM,
I also noticed once that a player of the opposite team (red) was in the blue base but I could hardly tell he was of the red team. He was very close by, taking our flag. It was in the spacejam map.
05-17-2014, 01:49 AM,
Which player model? Might need some team skin tweaking.