Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom character head
07-21-2014, 07:31 AM,
Information  Custom character head
Don't know if I'm in the right forum for this question, but I'll give it a shot. -BANG!-
I do not know if this is possible. We already can choose the color, body etc. But it really would be great if we could upload a photograph of our face and take this picture as the head of the custom character. Maybe it is too difficult to realise, but I just wanted to ask. And I think it would be nice. But again, I don't know anything about making games, so this sounds simple to me lol. Big Grin
[Image: AAcbmp.png]
07-21-2014, 10:22 AM,
RE: Custom character head
Creating a skin for a player model is kind of complicated. Take a look at, for instance, data1/players/commander/default.jpg (and blue.jpg and red.jpg). It takes technical and artistic skills to map these 2D images to the 3D model. Creating a custom face is possible, but it is more complicated than just attaching a photograph. And, even if you were to create a custom skin, other players would need to install it for them to see it. (Not sure if custom skins are even supported since the introduction of IQM player models. I know they are not a high priority, maybe not even a low priority.)
Cool  Pie fixes everything. So does BACON!
07-21-2014, 11:08 AM,
OK this sounds very complicated indeed. We don't need to put my ugly face on a character, do we? Cool

Thanks for the reply.
[Image: AAcbmp.png]
08-06-2014, 05:33 PM,
(07-21-2014, 10:22 AM)stratokaztr Wrote: (Not sure if custom skins are even supported since the introduction of IQM player models. I know they are not a high priority, maybe not even a low priority.)
They're suipported, and always will be, but if the rscript format changes (which it sometimes does,) we don't attempt to preserve compatibility, so all third party skins have to be updated or they'll look funny/not render. This is what the "cannot apply multi-stage rscript" warning is about.
Quote:* maxtothemax is back
<maxtothemax> with a vengeance
<maxtothemax> and chips
<maxtothemax> and bean dip