Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdy...
08-19-2014, 12:39 AM,
RE: Howdy...
Thanks, Blindman. I plan on setting up SVN, but for tonight I just downloaded the latest release. Uninstalled 7.65 and installed 7.66, then loaded it up. Did a quick configure, then jumped into single player to jog the memory a little. Had a few problems right away - when I got killed and respawned my weapon was auto-firing, then when I died and respawned again, the main window would close and leave me with the console window on screen. Restarted the game a few times and same thing.

A couple system reboots, though, and the problem seemed to go away, no clue. But, apparently I really suck now. Easy mode was pretty easy last year, but tonight I got seriously ripped on Easy mode. I had to check to see if I hadn't accidentally ended up in an online room. If that really was Easy mode, and tonight was any indication of how well I'm playing these days, I'm afraid I won't be much competition online. Still can't get Alt fire to work for some reason, and I need to take some time to figure out when to use which weapon, and what all the items do. I'll spend some time with the guides people have up.

But back to your post, I'll be getting on at different times. Could be morning, afternoon, or middle of the night here. I keep odd hours. Usually when I get in it will only be for 20-30 minutes at a time, but there will occasionally be longer sessions. As you said, I like my 'brain breaks'.

Off to practice a little more, then I'll think I'll jump online for a few. Sometime tonight or tomorrow I'll get SVN set up. Hope to see you in there sometime soon, my game name is "JoomX". I'll likely be the bloody corpse in the corner... [Image: smile.gif]
08-19-2014, 06:29 PM,
I believe that the disruptor no longer has an alt fire option that is anything different from the main fire. It used to give you a zoom/sniper scope but that is no more. I am sure we will eventually meet on a server somewhere.
08-19-2014, 06:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2014, 12:08 AM by Joom.)
Thanks for the info, Blindman (like the handle, by the way). Finally got IRC and Mumble set up, so I think I'm ready to get online later and have some fun. If nothing else, I'll make good cannon fodder for somebody... [Image: thumbsup.gif]
08-20-2014, 07:58 AM,
Hey Joom. Welcome to Alien Arena. Enjoy your time here! Smile
I'm sure I'll meet you once in the arena - looking forward
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
08-20-2014, 11:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2014, 11:09 AM by DeathRay.)
(08-19-2014, 06:29 PM)Blindman Wrote: I believe that the disruptor no longer has an alt fire option that is anything different from the main fire. It used to give you a zoom/sniper scope but that is no more. I am sure we will eventually meet on a server somewhere.
In deathmatch, the alt-fire of the disruptor is definitely different than the primary fire. It's a different beam and sound, and it has splash damage that is significantly higher and wider ranged, and less damage from direct hits.
08-20-2014, 11:28 AM,
(08-20-2014, 07:58 AM)Freaky Wrote: Hey Joom. Welcome to Alien Arena. Enjoy your time here! Smile
I'm sure I'll meet you once in the arena - looking forward
Thanks Freaky, I'm sure I'll see you in there. Is there currently a list of rooms anywhere that give some indication of who might be playing where most of the time, or does everybody just pick a room at random that has players in it?
08-20-2014, 09:34 PM,
Welcome Joom, you seem like the kind of right-thinking fellow we need in the arena!
X
[Image: clantagXulb.png]
Original artwork by [OS]Drastic - Paul
Country of origin flag update by Uncle Caz
08-20-2014, 11:11 PM,
Thanks for the welcome, Xulb. Hopefully I can add something to the fun.

Been having fun jumping in for a practice round every so often. Just finished a round online on a Swedish DM server and didn't totally suck. Still getting used to the 'move and shoot' thing again, but having a good time...
08-21-2014, 03:14 AM,
(08-20-2014, 11:11 PM)Joom Wrote: but having a good time...
That's the most important Big Grin
[Image: AAcbmp.png]
08-21-2014, 10:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2014, 10:49 AM by [CM]METROIDHunter.)
(08-20-2014, 11:11 PM)Joom Wrote: Just finished a round online on a Swedish DM server and didn't totally suck.
Whenever u feel like playing some instagib (1 shot to kill) be sure to check out Xulb's servers. They are hosted in the USA and are the most popular Instagib FFA DM servers. If I see you around I'll be happy to jump in and join Smile
My ingame tag is {CBMP}METROID, as {CBMP}METROIDHunter doesn't fit.
Spreading the green goo since '13
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbt3PlPO26s4ioMNtSnwx...COlPmqMXlg]