Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invader's Return
08-18-2014, 02:50 PM,
Invader's Return
British Invaders is Dead.

Long Live Invader's Return!

Imho, British Invaders has been away for too long.
So I decided to have them return!
For now, it has been set up without bots, but
if bots are requested, please send me a pm.
Ban? Who Can I Ban???
08-19-2014, 01:01 AM,
RE: Invader's Return
Not a bad idea at all Bon Smile

08-19-2014, 11:43 AM,
Good idea.

I would suggest having bots, and using botkick. The reason BI was so succesful in the past was because noobs would see all of the non-standard bots there and think they were real players, so they'd join. Most times all of the bots were kicked during peak hours.
08-20-2014, 08:04 AM,
The Idea is definitly good. I liked the server and used to play alot (when other players were there).
I don't know about the exact config that runs on the server, but you should autokick the bots as Irritant mentioned and maybe give them some cool names like Rigel used to do. But you should definitly enable mapvote! this is a very important feature and I think that British Invaders wasn't that active anymore because of it. I often watched the situation when we managed to play a 3vs3 or even more on it that the map changes to an unpopular one like ctf-violator and over the half of the players quit the server. Afterwards other left because a 2vs1 or 1vs1 ctf game isn't that good! just my cents
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
08-20-2014, 09:49 AM,
Great to see it back up! It's one of my favorite CTF servers!
Sentimentally I'm glad to have it back too...that was the first server I played on, with animal and Dakota (made me feel like a noob with their skills lol)
Spreading the green goo since '13
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbt3PlPO26s4ioMNtSnwx...COlPmqMXlg]
08-20-2014, 11:07 AM,
Ctf-violator is an unpopular map Freaky? Any insight as to why that might be?
08-20-2014, 02:06 PM,
i can't speak for anyone but me, but imho, the hallways are too narrow,
camping is too easy and the flow through the map is not fluent.
Ban? Who Can I Ban???
08-20-2014, 03:01 PM,
(08-20-2014, 11:07 AM)Irritant Wrote: Ctf-violator is an unpopular map Freaky? Any insight as to why that might be?
Seriously NO. I'm wondering the same because I really like the map. I think it might be to complex, so to many ways to the other base :S - Some rather simple maps such as rampage are more popular. A other reason might be that its loaded with a lot of details where you can stuck on walking. The floors aren't wide either. And a other reason might be the doors. Although you can open them by shooting on them they are kinda annoying. They "reduce" your speed. < only some ideas. I don't know whats wrong tbh.
But fact is that I often watched that people are tempting to leave the server (it also happens on DO insta/rocket CTF) when this map is being played. Some gives comments about the map, other just leave. Well this is months ago since I almost havent played myself lately but I doubt it changed.
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
08-21-2014, 02:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2014, 02:17 PM by [SiN]trickybilly.)
Great, legendary server that Brit Invaders FFA - the place of many great games. It is where old Nealcool used to beat me at dm. I have learned much playing there Smile