Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Hi-Tech Hexagon, Arboretum, and more...
04-12-2015, 06:06 AM,
Re: Hi-Tech Hexagon, Arboretum, and more...
Yeah but you still give them the option of camping. You should do something to not allow shooting from there
[Image: animalt.png]

Chaingun Server Browser
http://hal.nanoid.net/arena/tools/browser
Save a tree or two. Use both sides of toilet paper.
04-12-2015, 09:34 AM,
RE: Hi-Tech Hexagon, Arboretum, and more...
I've already released the "final" version and yet now I have another change to be made...this is what I get for not releasing betas.
I'll be sure to add an extra invisible brush obstructing camping spots like that in the maps I'm currently working on (as well as release betas), but I'm not sure what to do about arboretum...
Spreading the green goo since '13
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbt3PlPO26s4ioMNtSnwx...COlPmqMXlg]
04-27-2015, 01:00 PM,
RE: Hi-Tech Hexagon, Arboretum, and more...
I tried the ctf version of the arboretum map and I have a few comments:
Nice map layout, but a few glitches in the use of the textures:
1. the metal fences in the corridors have some mistakes, sometimes the top of the fence is not visible or the bottom part of the texture is also visible at the top. Next to that these fences should be used in a vertical position, and you used it also diagonally. They also don't really have a purpose here so I would suggest to remove them.
2. the round things in the bases (that are also used in purgatory) seem to be too transparent, especially if you compare it to purgatory. Or was that intentionally?
3. the leaves in the bases show an extra part at the bottom line that should not be there, now this part is floating in the air.
4. I suggest that you put some more red/blue lights in the corridors at the left and right, because when you are standing in the middle there, you can't see which way is the red or the blue base.

If you need more clarification I have screenshots.