Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alien-Arena.com
11-11-2014, 03:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2014, 03:57 PM by [SiN]bAnfire.)
Alien-Arena.com
For DHW14, we created a new website.
The main reason is that it is a little easier to maintain than rpa is.

Please leave comments on what you think of it.

Note: the background image is blurry by intension
and so is the aa logo, because that got the same filter Wink

Oh, I'd almost forget, please spam it eveywhere, fb, twitter, instagram,
forums, anywhere! tx peeps Smile
Ban? Who Can I Ban???
11-11-2014, 05:33 PM,
RE: Alien-Arena.com
pro:

It's responsive for different end devices.
Its clearly constructed.

contra:

The background doesn't fit together with AA. It should have aliens or outer space content.
I know it's about Dreamhack, but it should be more visuel connected to the main page
(red.planearena.org) - recognition value.

The slider on the homepage should be on the top of the page. I don't know if you could
bring more width to the slider to make it more special (for example Link). The layout will be
broken then and it must be arranged again (three columns layout). Maybe you could bring the
topics into it (for example the Dreamhack content). Now we have only pics without infos. If
you can't do this, because it's a fixed theme, then forget this point.

The sidebar affected the reading of the content in a negativ way. It destracted. It looks
very similar to the different contents. I would give them another font color (maybe light grey?).

Navi-subitems should get an mouseover effect. It simplified the navigating later with more subitems.

My two cents. Smile
11-12-2014, 03:53 PM,
(11-11-2014, 05:33 PM)DaKota Wrote: pro:

It's responsive for different end devices.
Its clearly constructed.

contra:

The background doesn't fit together with AA. It should have aliens or outer space content.
I know it's about Dreamhack, but it should be more visuel connected to the main page
(red.planearena.org) - recognition value.

The slider on the homepage should be on the top of the page. I don't know if you could
bring more width to the slider to make it more special (for example Link). The layout will be
broken then and it must be arranged again (three columns layout). Maybe you could bring the
topics into it (for example the Dreamhack content). Now we have only pics without infos. If
you can't do this, because it's a fixed theme, then forget this point.

The sidebar affected the reading of the content in a negativ way. It destracted. It looks
very similar to the different contents. I would give them another font color (maybe light grey?).

Navi-subitems should get an mouseover effect. It simplified the navigating later with more subitems.

My two cents. Smile
Tx for an honest answer, mr Dakota Smile
I appreciate that, because that is the only way to see what you can not see and thus the way
to improvement.

The background sure does fit with aa.
Very much even.
The last 2 years, we have attended 11 events.
Thousands and thousands of people have played and tried this game that way
and had tonnes of fun.
The background image isn't only about DreamHack despite the logo showing.
There are several images clipped in from other events.
That is what it is trying to say and that very much IS aa Smile

I agree about the layout, but for now, it will have to do.
Good content is more important than the layout at this time. It will change, just not now.
Ban? Who Can I Ban???
11-12-2014, 05:31 PM,
Nice good work Wink
11-12-2014, 11:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2014, 11:34 PM by ToastRawr.)
Text too big
11-13-2014, 04:35 AM,
It looks good to me. The AA logo could be bigger, but that's the only thing I would change.

Nice work !
[Image: AAcbmp.png]
11-15-2014, 07:56 PM,
Good site. AA history is very interesting, but it stops @ 2009. Anyway, good luck.