Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Bad Mog Servers
09-23-2017, 06:13 PM,
RE: Big Bad Mog servers
While dodging my way in frost, I got slow video performance, not frame drops, just slow video. Lowering the tickrate to 40 solved it. So I lowered all servers down to 40 again.
[Image: animalt.png]

Chaingun Server Browser
http://hal.nanoid.net/arena/tools/browser
Save a tree or two. Use both sides of toilet paper.
09-24-2017, 01:07 PM,
(09-23-2017, 06:13 PM)animal Wrote: While dodging my way in frost, I got slow video performance, not frame drops, just slow video. Lowering the tickrate to 40 solved it. So I lowered all servers down to 40 again.

Yeah, 120 tickrate really requires a very powerful system and network, and running multiple servers could be taxing the system beyond it's capabilities.  I really wouldn't recommend running above 60 for most systems, and definitely no more than 40 on non-commerical strength internet connections.
09-24-2017, 01:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2017, 01:12 PM by DeathRay.)
(09-23-2017, 12:16 PM)Dondo Wrote: It seems that the BBM servers use the old tickrate of 10?

The bots on the WOM Beta servers are a lot faster, i think its related to the higher tickrate.

Bots don't run faster on higher tickrates, all speeds and firing rates should be identical - however, they are more responsive, as is the player's controls and movements, perhaps that is what you mean.

[edit] The BBM servers were running a very high tickrate, that might have caused odd, slow motion type movement if the server was unable to maintain a 120 fps speed due to resource consumption.
09-24-2017, 03:36 PM,
Yeah the tickrate does have an impact on the server. With gen 2, my server idled at 5% cpu usage, now with a tickrate of 40 it idles at 22%

Chaingun Server Browser
09-26-2017, 05:04 PM,
When will other maps be added to the CTF insta/rockets server? It's now a bit boring with only two maps...
09-26-2017, 05:24 PM,
(09-26-2017, 05:04 PM)jarhead Wrote: When will other maps be added to the CTF insta/rockets server? It's now a bit boring with only two maps...

At release time we can go live with all of the other maps.
09-27-2017, 05:31 AM,
We are still finding bugs in these 2 maps. I think we could and should add another one to iron out any bugs there too, then add another and so on. We were late starting the beta testing and time is running out.

Chaingun Server Browser
09-27-2017, 10:33 AM,
(09-27-2017, 05:31 AM)animal Wrote: We are still finding bugs in these 2 maps. I think we could and should add another one to iron out any bugs there too, then add another and so on. We were late starting the beta testing and time is running out.

The maps had already been tested in the "Map A Day" project.  There are probably always going to be little things people find.  I've been encouraging people to walk through these maps since DAY ONE. 

I do NOT want to expand the beta's scope.  This isn't for testing maps, it's for testing the game play, client, and server operations.  If people want to test the maps, they can still use SVN and have a walk around in them, or play offline against the bots.
11-02-2017, 03:46 PM,
All BBM servers, Duel and Clanmatch servers have been updated to the latest release.
The clanmatch server is now named "Clan Recruiting Insta/10mins". It's purpose is self explanatory and without a password. Once we get the clan scene in action I will set up a new clanmatch server.

I am able to run a couple more servers. If anyone wants a server with a specific game mode/mutator let me know.

Chaingun Server Browser