Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manage your servers with a few mouse clicks
01-23-2015, 11:14 AM,
RE: Manage your servers with a few mouse clicks
Thanks Irr!
(01-23-2015, 10:59 AM)Irritant Wrote: Very nice looking app!
[Image: clantagXulb.png]
Original artwork by [OS]Drastic - Paul
Country of origin flag update by Uncle Caz
01-23-2015, 12:37 PM,
Ok it's up and running now Smile Had to install tk-dev...

Does the players tab refresh automatically every minute or so, or do I have to it manually?
Didn't have much time to see it. but one thing that I would like is to see the servers in tabs rather than a pull down menu. I know that way you would have tabs in tabs, but comparing servers' setups would be less frustrating that way. Or maybe one tab is enough for map changing, showing player names and a small console window. So far its functional.
Well done and thanks Xulb!
[Image: animalt.png]

Chaingun Server Browser
http://hal.nanoid.net/arena/tools/browser
Save a tree or two. Use both sides of toilet paper.
01-23-2015, 06:00 PM,
When clicking on the console tab you can't type in the console window, you have to click in there too.
Alien Arena's server console doesn't have command history. We get around that with rlwrap (thanks Max!) It would be nice to have it through this util. Aslo the console background would look better if it was black Smile
I connected to Depths of Hell which had a 4-5 player playing. In the player tab, Bon was on top of the list, under his name there were 2 blank lines then all the rest of the players. I thought could be that Bon used a rcon_password and was on top of the list, showing who had rcon access. When I asked him if he used rcon he said he didn't.
An option to change the font would be nice.
In the server tab, in the server name and the server address are reversed.
In console you don't see whats going on in the server, quits, joins, map loading and not even chat. You can use "say hello people" and the players will see a message from console. But in the console tab you won't see any answers.

Chaingun Server Browser
01-23-2015, 10:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2015, 11:17 PM by Xulb.)
Good ideas Animal - will think about how to do it.
Yeah, you have to hit refresh, but will think about that too-
X

I think I got all your thoughts down: https://github.com/xulb/aaserver/issues
X
(01-23-2015, 10:41 PM)Xulb Wrote: Good ideas Animal - will think about how to do it.
Yeah, you have to hit refresh, but will think about that too-
X
01-25-2015, 07:16 AM,
I don't know if Rigel meant this or not. In the map pull down list, you should be able to select any map available on the server, not just the maps in sv_maplist. The maps in map list could have a different color or a symbol prepended to the name.

Chaingun Server Browser
01-25-2015, 07:59 PM,
You can type any map name into the box, and it will start it if you have it-- the drop down is kind of a convenience thing. But there are other ways to solve that, could have a user-entered list of maps that you could add to the list, with a different color like you say-
(01-25-2015, 07:16 AM)animal Wrote: I don't know if Rigel meant this or not. In the map pull down list, you should be able to select any map available on the server, not just the maps in sv_maplist. The maps in map list could have a different color or a symbol prepended to the name.
01-28-2015, 01:21 AM,
Update - the ability to show the actual server console in the app (joins, chats and the like) is a little tricky. Basically, unless you're running the app on the same machine as the server, the console output has to be sent across the network. What I'm working on (and it actually is working) is a little tiny server that will shoot the console output to a port. The app can pick that up and display it.

Any thoughts/ideas welcome.
X
01-28-2015, 03:32 AM,
(01-28-2015, 01:21 AM)Xulb Wrote: Update - the ability to show the actual server console in the app (joins, chats and the like) is a little tricky. Basically, unless you're running the app on the same machine as the server, the console output has to be sent across the network. What I'm working on (and it actually is working) is a little tiny server that will shoot the console output to a port. The app can pick that up and display it.

X
That seems like too much trouble Smile We can live without it.

Chaingun Server Browser
01-28-2015, 09:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-28-2015, 09:33 AM by Xulb.)
Aaaaaaa - but it's fun!
(01-28-2015, 03:32 AM)animal Wrote:
(01-28-2015, 01:21 AM)Xulb Wrote: Update - the ability to show the actual server console in the app (joins, chats and the like) is a little tricky. Basically, unless you're running the app on the same machine as the server, the console output has to be sent across the network. What I'm working on (and it actually is working) is a little tiny server that will shoot the console output to a port. The app can pick that up and display it.

X
That seems like too much trouble Smile We can live without it.
01-28-2015, 09:54 AM,
That's the spirit keeping things like this going!

Chaingun Server Browser