Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manage your servers with a few mouse clicks
01-29-2015, 09:27 AM,
RE: Manage your servers with a few mouse clicks
Max devised a way to send the server terminal messages out through the rcon protocol. I don't know if he ever committed that, but we had it working for sure. Its a matter of storing the IP to send it to in a cvar. Maybe he can weigh in and enlighten us.
[Image: dorig.png](Art by {OS}Drastic)
system specs in profile
01-29-2015, 09:42 AM,
That would be awesome
(01-29-2015, 09:27 AM){DO}Rigel Wrote: Max devised a way to send the server terminal messages out through the rcon protocol. I don't know if he ever committed that, but we had it working for sure. Its a matter of storing the IP to send it to in a cvar. Maybe he can weigh in and enlighten us.
[Image: clantagXulb.png]
Original artwork by [OS]Drastic - Paul
Country of origin flag update by Uncle Caz
01-29-2015, 01:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2015, 06:22 PM by Max.)
It's in SVN. Use the log_dest_udp cvar. However, it's not guaranteed to be 100% reliable; sometimes output may be dropped, lost, or arrive out-of-order.

log_dest_udp is an IP address:port pair, it will cause the server to send UDP packets to that address. The packets contain the same text that would go to qconsole.log.

I have also added the special cvar "this_rcon_ip" "this_rcon_address" on the server side, which is always redefined to the IP:port of the most recent successful rcon command. So you can do this:
rcon "set log_dest_udp $this_rcon_ip"
rcon set log_dest_udp "$this_rcon_address"
And the server will send the packets to the computer from which you ran the rcon command.

Alien Arena is already programmed to print out any correctly formatted UDP packets it receives (from any IP address!) so you can just leave the game client running after you've done this and you've got a remote monitor.

Just unset log_dest_udp on the server, or else the server will keep sending those UDP packets forever.
Quote:* maxtothemax is back
<maxtothemax> with a vengeance
<maxtothemax> and chips
<maxtothemax> and bean dip
01-29-2015, 04:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2015, 05:44 PM by {DO}Rigel.)
(01-29-2015, 01:45 PM)Max Wrote: Just unset log_dest_udp on the server, or else the server will keep sending those UDP packets forever.

There is no unset command on the server Confused

I'm having trouble with this. I assume that while using the game client, $this_rcon_ip would be your localhost IP and port 27910. In other words it is a server side cvar containing the IP address of the remote machine that sent the last good rcon command.

I can get the server to return the log_dest_udp, but it does not like this_rcon_ip at all - it doesn't exist. Further, if I hard code it: rcon set log_dest_udp <my ip>:27910 then I get nothing as well.

Would you run the commands in your game client as a demo and paste the qconsole log? If you need a server with a PW I can provide one.

(01-22-2015, 07:44 PM)Xulb Wrote: ...
Keep the issues coming guys

Notes:
Python 3.3 is the latest in the Mint 16 repo.
Per the instructions on https://github.com/xulb/aaserver
Code:
$ tar -xzf aaempire-0.1.tar.gz
$ cd aaempire
$ python3 setup.py install
After decompressing the archive you have the directory named "aaempire-0.1" not "aaempire," so I renamed it.

I tried to install as you suggested
Code:
> python3 setup.py install
Downloading https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/s/setuptools/setuptools-12.0.4.zip
Extracting in /tmp/tmpkal6rj
Now working in /tmp/tmpkal6rj/setuptools-12.0.4
Building a Setuptools egg in /home/rigel/aaempire
/home/rigel/aaempire/setuptools-12.0.4-py3.3.egg
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/rigel/aaempire/setuptools-12.0.4-py3.3.egg/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 394, in get_provider
KeyError: 'tests'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "setup.py", line 12, in <module>
    dum = resource_string('tests','testArgs.py')
  File "/home/rigel/aaempire/setuptools-12.0.4-py3.3.egg/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 1138, in resource_string
  File "/home/rigel/aaempire/setuptools-12.0.4-py3.3.egg/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 396, in get_provider
ImportError: No module named 'tests'
system specs in profile
01-29-2015, 08:34 PM,
It really depends on Py 3.4, sorry about that. You can get it from python.org and build it.

Pretty sure 'unset' means
set log_dest_udp 0

thanks Rig
(01-29-2015, 04:46 PM){DO}Rigel Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 01:45 PM)Max Wrote: Just unset log_dest_udp on the server, or else the server will keep sending those UDP packets forever.

I'm having trouble with this. I assume that while using the game client, $this_rcon_ip would be your localhost IP and port 27910. In other words it is a server side cvar containing the IP address of the remote machine that sent the last good rcon command.

I can get the server to return the log_dest_udp, but it does not like this_rcon_ip at all - it doesn't exist. Further, if I hard code it: rcon set log_dest_udp <my ip>:27910 then I get nothing as well.

Would you run the commands in your game client as a demo and paste the qconsole log? If you need a server with a PW I can provide one.

(01-22-2015, 07:44 PM)Xulb Wrote: ...
Keep the issues coming guys

Notes:
Python 3.3 is the latest in the Mint 16 repo.
Per the instructions on https://github.com/xulb/aaserver
Code:
$ tar -xzf aaempire-0.1.tar.gz
$ cd aaempire
$ python3 setup.py install
After decompressing the archive you have the directory named "aaempire-0.1" not "aaempire," so I renamed it.

I tried to install as you suggested
Code:
> python3 setup.py install
Downloading https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/s/setuptools/setuptools-12.0.4.zip
Extracting in /tmp/tmpkal6rj
Now working in /tmp/tmpkal6rj/setuptools-12.0.4
Building a Setuptools egg in /home/rigel/aaempire
/home/rigel/aaempire/setuptools-12.0.4-py3.3.egg
  File "/home/rigel/aaempire/setuptools-12.0.4-py3.3.egg/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 394, in get_provider
KeyError: 'tests'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "setup.py", line 12, in <module>
    dum = resource_string('tests','testArgs.py')
  File "/home/rigel/aaempire/setuptools-12.0.4-py3.3.egg/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 1138, in resource_string
  File "/home/rigel/aaempire/setuptools-12.0.4-py3.3.egg/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 396, in get_provider
ImportError: No module named 'tests'
01-30-2015, 12:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2015, 12:42 AM by Max.)
(01-29-2015, 04:46 PM){DO}Rigel Wrote:

Yes, this is correct. The dollar sign doesn't get expanded until the command reaches the server.

Quote:I can get the server to return the log_dest_udp, but it does not like this_rcon_ip at all - it doesn't exist. Further, if I hard code it: rcon set log_dest_udp <my ip>:27910 then I get nothing as well.
It won't exist on the server until someone rcons into the server. Also, how up to date is your server?

Quote:Would you run the commands in your game client as a demo and paste the qconsole log? If you need a server with a PW I can provide one.
We can do this on IRC again sometime, but I may have to take a break from AA stuff until after midterms-- if I can keep myself away. Smile
<maxtothemax> and chips
01-30-2015, 03:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2015, 04:23 PM by {DO}Rigel.)
(01-30-2015, 12:41 AM)Max Wrote: It won't exist on the server until someone rcons into the server. Also, how up to date is your server?
My servers get rcon-ed to death all day with the bot and the entire clan having rcon. Huh Big Grin Plus I rcon hostname to make sure I'm connected to the right server before I tried it. Tongue Cool

If you recall we did this together on my server and it worked, so I'm pretty sure I have a version that is recent enough: Angel

Per Chaingun.org:
DO Euro CTF Insta/Rockets - MaverickServers.com
Server version: 7.66.1 x86 Oct 15 2014 Win32
(all the DO servers are identical)

(01-29-2015, 08:34 PM)Xulb Wrote: It really depends on Py 3.4, sorry about that. You can get it from python.org and build it.
Ok, yeah - I'll have to work on that. Seems strange that Mint doesn't have it, and I'm betting neither does the PPA repo (because I think I added that) which is even stranger Undecided

(01-29-2015, 08:34 PM)Xulb Wrote: Pretty sure 'unset' means
set log_dest_udp 0
I wonder its not actually a string. You can use "none" or a bogus IP too, i.e. 0.0.0.0. Cool
system specs in profile
01-30-2015, 05:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2015, 06:10 PM by Max.)
Actually, to unset it, you set it to an empty string:
Code:
set log_dest_udp ""
or
Code:
rcon set log_dest_udp " "
It's a little janky but whatever. Should have been more clear, sorry.

I'm afraid I've made something of a braino here, it's this_rcon_address, not this_rcon_ip. Also, don't put the entire rcon command in quotes, just use quotes to stop the dollar sign from expanding.
<maxtothemax> and chips
01-30-2015, 06:18 PM,
Code:
Set log_dest_udp  0
This is the only thing that really works for me. The double quotes returns a message on set usage.
system specs in profile
01-30-2015, 10:30 PM,
I had to build 3.4 special myself, even with Ubuntu 14.04 -- it's probably in the "early-waiter-to-see-if-there-are-any-adopters" phase. But it has the very cool asynchronous comm packages that make the dev's life EASY. Which is the most important thing, right??? Cool