Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ctf-Nebulosa
07-24-2015, 10:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-24-2015, 03:13 PM by Devil.)
Tongue  Ctf-Nebulosa
Hello everyone a small gift for the entire community of Alien Arena
I am pleased to present CTF-Nebulosa is not anything spectacular but in my opinion it seems pretty.
It is a mix between Europe station and Space jam, hope we like it

It should be the stable version I just have to add the node bot to complete the job
This is the download link
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzs2yoUY0sgqSy1VYUt3MHp0X2M/view?usp=sharing

I wanted to thank all those who have the patience to help me always including
Max BonFire Freaky Animal xenos stratokaztr
P.S.
Kill Vaan and eat pizza and spaghetti Smile
the law is equal for all, in my country is one hope
[Image: Seclan.jpg]

07-24-2015, 11:31 AM,
Re: Ctf-Nebulosa
It looks good from the youtube video. I will add it to BBM Sunday night when I get back home.
Nice work Smile
[Image: animalt.png]

Chaingun Server Browser
http://hal.nanoid.net/arena/tools/browser
Save a tree or two. Use both sides of toilet paper.
07-24-2015, 12:24 PM,
RE: Ctf-Nebulosa
thanks a lot Smile

07-24-2015, 02:20 PM,
Wink  RE: Ctf-Nebulosa
Hi Devil, I had a quick look at your map, looks nice. Just wanted to let you know there are a couple of problems with the zip file.

There are meshes in arena/maps/meshes that belong in arena/maps/meshes/devil
There are meshes by freaky that don't exist in your archive or either of alien arena's sv_downloadurls
There is no arena/textures folder in your zip, when I tried loading the map I got a huge amount of errors about missing textures, some of them the client could download, others don't exist on either sv_downloadurls.

When releasing a map it is a good idea to clean out your arena directory and extract only your zip to it, when you do this and try to load the map you should see which assets you need to add to your zip.

Nice to see some third party mapping activity again Smile

@Devs; a long standing niggle is that when a texture is missing the engine tries to download it repeatedly, adding a huge amount of time to loading, especially in situations like this.

07-24-2015, 02:49 PM,
(07-24-2015, 02:20 PM)xenos Wrote: Hi Devil, I had a quick look at your map, looks nice. Just wanted to let you know there are a couple of problems with the zip file.

There are meshes in arena/maps/meshes that belong in arena/maps/meshes/devil
There are meshes by freaky that don't exist in your archive or either of alien arena's sv_downloadurls
There is no arena/textures folder in your zip, when I tried loading the map I got a huge amount of errors about missing textures, some of them the client could download, others don't exist on either sv_downloadurls.

When releasing a map it is a good idea to clean out your arena directory and extract only your zip to it, when you do this and try to load the map you should see which assets you need to add to your zip.

Nice to see some third party mapping activity again Smile

@Devs; a long standing niggle is that when a texture is missing the engine tries to download it repeatedly, adding a huge amount of time to loading, especially in situations like this.
you're right xenos , thanks for letting me know I corrected the link and added all the missing parts of the map it is now complete Smile small oversight I packed the wrong folder

07-24-2015, 04:36 PM,
I noticed the same when I tried it, it's now fixed.

It's really cool, I like the jump pad-maps, and you added a nice bunch of textures.
I'm in the map too! (you even put a price on your own head??)

I noticed some spelling mistakes in the textures:
It's "Wanted dead or alive" instead of "Wanted dead or live"
And the other one should be "falling aliens", instead of "fall aliens", if I understand the picture correctly.
07-24-2015, 05:02 PM,
(07-24-2015, 04:36 PM)jarhead Wrote: I noticed the same when I tried it, it's now fixed.

It's really cool, I like the jump pad-maps, and you added a nice bunch of textures.
I'm in the map too! (you even put a price on your own head??)

I noticed some spelling mistakes in the textures:
It's "Wanted dead or alive" instead of "Wanted dead or live"
And the other one should be "falling aliens", instead of "fall aliens", if I understand the picture correctly.
many tnx jar blame google translate will fix as soon as possible spelling errors

even if the spelling mistakes are a feature called English Smile eating spaghetti
this also speaks English as Italian premier see
Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-l51Lmk1H4

I learned from him the English lol

07-25-2015, 09:20 AM,
Looks like a fun map. Thumbs up, Devil! Smile

You used the old AA logo. I would change it to the new one. It looks more darksome.
The platforms in the center of the map seems to be a long way from each other. Could be
a bit hard to catch them, especially for newbies. I just saw the video, maybe i'm wrong.

Am I there too? Big Grin
(07-24-2015, 04:36 PM)jarhead Wrote: I'm in the map too! (you even put a price on your own head??)
07-25-2015, 04:25 PM,
This map is a little another style like all AA maps, this map makes a smile on my face :-)
You brought more fun to the game.
I really like your map
Smile
07-25-2015, 07:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-25-2015, 08:42 PM by jarhead.)
Yes, you are in there too, DaKota!

I have another suggestion for the map: the 'wrong place' is too close to the platforms. When you just barely land on the platform and maybe one leg is not on the platform, you die immediately. It makes more sense that you either fall off, and then die, or not fall off and don't die.

Btw the platforms are a dodge jump distance away, according to me it's ok.