Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ctf-Nebulosa
07-25-2015, 08:43 PM,
RE: Ctf-Nebulosa
(07-25-2015, 04:25 PM)Izaias Wrote: This map is a little another style like all AA maps, this map makes a smile on my face :-)
You brought more fun to the game.
I really like your map
Smile

unfortunately I had to minimize the size of the sky box to increase performance of the map
the Jump platform down was designed specifically to inhibit dodje jump to limit players more skilled
and create create a more hard-fought game
the law is equal for all, in my country is one hope
[Image: Seclan.jpg]

07-26-2015, 06:29 AM,
I had a short run around on your map and i really like it!

I haven't found any mistakes except of this here. AA has an limit visual range.
It's not really important thing to fix it. It's just a little blemish.
I agree with Jar about the wrong place area between the center platforms.

Keep it up, m8! Smile

[Image: mpftdckc.jpg]
07-26-2015, 01:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-26-2015, 02:47 PM by Devil.)
(07-26-2015, 06:29 AM)DaKota Wrote: I had a short run around on your map and i really like it!

I haven't found any mistakes except of this here. AA has an limit visual range.
I agree with Jar about the wrong place area between the center platforms.

Keep it up, m8! Smile
I do not have this problem I do not understand what is generated
I tried in all resolutions and quality of play and the problem does not appear to me

platforms bottom, those you are referring to are those octagonal ??(forgive my poor english)
because I can see how to fix them ??
although my goal was to create very difficult jumps can be performed only with the alien distruptor

Dakota should also update the texture type metal beam purple

(I'll update the logo as soon as possible although I preferred the old written green alien arena orange do not like Smile)
anyway thanks guys i am very happy that we like it
I'm working on other maps unfortunately do not have much time I hope to finish them soon (I'm on one job for almost two years lol)

07-26-2015, 02:50 PM,
(07-25-2015, 04:25 PM)Izaias Wrote: This map is a little another style like all AA maps, this map makes a smile on my face :-)
You brought more fun to the game.
I really like your map
Smile
thank you Izaias

07-26-2015, 06:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-26-2015, 06:48 PM by Freaky.)
First of all its nice to see new maps coming up!
Then I have to admit that I'm kind of impressed by your creation. Its style is unique for sure. The layout is planned well. I have tried to sketch a layout of a space station with many platforms multiple times, but failed. For me it is harder than any other map Smile
The performance is defnitly not good, but on the other hand side it is great for a map with this layout that is so highly detailed. The worest spot I've found had about 10000 wpolys. I expected alot more to be honest.

About your .zip archive. No file seems to be missing. But you have included stock textures, didn't you? You should not do that, since its possible that those stock textures are being updated. But the engine gives the arena directory priority, so it will always load yours, and not the stock one. Oh and the leggimi file (what seems to be an readme file in italian language) belongs in the /docs/ directory Wink

I'm going to upload the map to martianbackup later on, and make sure that my meshes are there too.

Speaking of meshes: I love the "falling alien" sign, this makes me smile everytime I see it Smile

I generally have not found any mistake, except wrong lightbeams on some of the weapon/flag-pads. With wrong I mean that there are 2 lightbeams instead of one. This is probably caused by an brush that is too big. A small brush of 1x1 unit does the Job aswell, but won't cause double beams.
(07-26-2015, 01:24 PM)Devil Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 06:29 AM)DaKota Wrote: I haven't found any mistakes except of this here. AA has an limit visual range.
I do not have this problem I do not understand what is generated
I tried in all resolutions and quality of play and the problem does not appear to me
Guys, this will surprise you, but you are both correct! There was an limit to the visual range. This caused me to change the layout of atrix, it was planned copletly different. Only the corridors remaind. However, Max removed this limit months ago. Since there has not been any release since it you will see the limit if you are using a release. With SVN there should not be any limit.
(07-24-2015, 05:02 PM)Devil Wrote: even if the spelling mistakes are a feature called English Smile eating spaghetti this also speaks English as Italian premier see
Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-l51Lmk1H4

I learned from him the English lol
Oh thats bad for sure... And I have been ashamed for our politicans the whole time -> VIDEO

*Edit*
Oh and your textures are good. Its nice to have other jumppad textures to use.
keep it up!
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
07-26-2015, 09:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-26-2015, 10:11 PM by animal.)
I just added the map to BBM a took it for a quick spin. We are going to have a lot of fun on this map. But I have a problem, this is not map related, but it affects this map and some others

[Image: oRRJcuu.jpg]
Thats how the jump pads look in spacejam also. That texture is also on the tubes in dm-dynamo.
Max I'm calling out for you Smile'

*EDIT*
Initially I unzipped the map to my server. As Freaky stated, Devil included in the zip file some stock textures, so I chose not to overwrite any files. I loaded the map on the server and my client downloaded it from the server. And you see the result in the attached image. Then I unzipped the map on my client but this time overwriting files. This seems to fix it. I am now going to unzip the file again on my server and overwrite all files. Please can someone who hasn't downloaded/installed the map, try to download it from my server and report back? Big Bad Mog CTF I/R. (You will get it with HTTP and not UDP.) Thanks in advance.
[Image: animalt.png]

Chaingun Server Browser
http://hal.nanoid.net/arena/tools/browser
Save a tree or two. Use both sides of toilet paper.
07-27-2015, 05:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-27-2015, 06:26 AM by Freaky.)
Well there should not be any file overwritten. Files will exists twice instead. It does copy files into the arena directory that does already exists in the data1 directory. But the engine will always load from the arena directory first. If a file does not exists there it loads from the data1 directory. My point was that if you are using SVN or update the game by installing a new version all relevant stock files (in the data1 directory) will be overwritten. But since the arena directory remains any update on the texture is impossible because the original copy of the old one is still there.

I removed all map related files, joined your server and switched the map. It started downloading via http, but in the end I saw the same result as you. At least I know the reason. The client will requests the server for the .bsp, its textures and script files. BUT in one of those script files are used the image files from arena/gfx/devil/. On downloading the content the client checks only what textures are in the map, but not what textures are listed in the script!
Since the client seems not to be able to download it, its clear that it worked for you as you have extracted it on your computer (with overwriting should not matter, since those files did not exists before AND no stock files should be overwritte at all [see above]).
I would call it a BUG, since I think that all relevant files should be downloaded....

"Dakota should also update the texture type metal beam purple"
I actually have no idea what the correct texture is. Its a stock texture (data1/textures/rage/beam_purple.tga). But this stock texture is crazily orange (like in dakotas screenshot). There is additionally a 3rd party texture in circulation that is purple as the name says (the one in devils screenshot). I don't know which one the correct one is, I just want to let you know about this. Oh and this is a good example for the problem above. A mapper has added the purple version of the texture in his map archive. On extracting the archive there will be the purple one in the arena directory. Although the stock orange texture (in the data1 directory) will not be overwritten, the engine will always load the purple one because the content of arena has a higher priority as the content of data1.

Edit: The map is now on martianbackup.com (the official sv_downloadurl) Smile
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
07-27-2015, 07:19 AM,
good job map looks good ehm yea i tested it already with you, got some changes.

well done for the talent of art, like to do textures and have such skill for add details. i hope i will be able to play it on a server soon with players.
and good job for getting many suggestions and posts itz quite new tho.
the talk about map never will end tho.

might be quite early but well i hope there will be a 2nd map but maybe not a spacemap hahaha

oh and sorry i might wrote a too long text. but well why not ? aint too bad.. then you people have to read something.

Vaan thanks all the readers and all the fans ! ! ! so see you around tho and yea good job Devil at all
No, Signature needed tho?!
07-27-2015, 01:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-27-2015, 01:52 PM by Devil.)
(07-27-2015, 05:57 AM)Freaky Wrote: Well there should not be any file overwritten. Files will exists twice instead. It does copy files into the arena directory that does already exists in the data1 directory. But the engine will always load from the arena directory first. If a file does not exists there it loads from the data1 directory. My point was that if you are using SVN or update the game by installing a new version all relevant stock files (in the data1 directory) will be overwritten. But since the arena directory remains any update on the texture is impossible because the original copy of the old one is still there.

I removed all map related files, joined your server and switched the map. It started downloading via http, but in the end I saw the same result as you. At least I know the reason. The client will requests the server for the .bsp, its textures and script files. BUT in one of those script files are used the image files from arena/gfx/devil/. On downloading the content the client checks only what textures are in the map, but not what textures are listed in the script!
Since the client seems not to be able to download it, its clear that it worked for you as you have extracted it on your computer (with overwriting should not matter, since those files did not exists before AND no stock files should be overwritte at all [see above]).
I would call it a BUG, since I think that all relevant files should be downloaded....

"Dakota should also update the texture type metal beam purple"
I actually have no idea what the correct texture is. Its a stock texture (data1/textures/rage/beam_purple.tga). But this stock texture is crazily orange (like in dakotas screenshot). There is additionally a 3rd party texture in circulation that is purple as the name says (the one in devils screenshot). I don't know which one the correct one is, I just want to let you know about this. Oh and this is a good example for the problem above. A mapper has added the purple version of the texture in his map archive. On extracting the archive there will be the purple one in the arena directory. Although the stock orange texture (in the data1 directory) will not be overwritten, the engine will always load the purple one because the content of arena has a higher priority as the content of data1.

Edit: The map is now on martianbackup.com (the official sv_downloadurl) Smile
you're right performance of the map in some places are a bit low because I maintained the crx motor limit
and also because the area of the map is very large is the layaut the map did not allow me to decrease the viewing distance this causes a bit of lag to remedy the problem and keep the same layaut I had to scale a few texture

This allowed me to fill the map with a low number of subdivisions(in qrad3)to maintain a beautiful layaut and acceptable performance
because my goal was to inhibit the rocket jump and therefore disadvantage very skilled players
to say I do not like terminal because those who use the rocket jump is more advantaged than those unfamiliar with this technique
I wanted a gaming environment fought
and unfortunately to keep the right distance I had to make compromises with the performance of the game but I think it is a good compromise .

I noticed too that there are many versions of the same texture or two folders with the same name with missing textures type rage or Rage I've
cloned a workaround for "duces of orion" with webhattract and I merged
the maps kept in svn creating my personal selection of textures and
patterns but during this work
I noticed a huge mess in the other games
(typ Urban terror quake quake 2 etc) textures are cataloged this I think is better to fix some textures like jump pads are not seen in the net radiant because are
placed in the folder textures and not in a sub folder then net radiant
not charged and remain unused, and that's a shame.
I think it would take a small restructuring of directories containing textures and models (even if it is complex because it should change a lot of maps) and net radiant should change so as to create a standard and not fall into these errors (this is my opinion obvious) that simplify the lives of mapper because if you do not have all the models in many maps mapsrc can not be opened in net radiant for a draw inspiration
anyway thanks guys it's nice to know that you like my goal was to create something special from your comments it seems he has succeeded this makes me happy. soon I'll pull out two new projects one is a novelty in single play if they could do I would like to create a single play like quake where bots emerge from nowhere Smile not style dm hopefully good

(07-27-2015, 07:19 AM)vaan Wrote: good job map looks good ehm yea i tested it already with you, got some changes.

well done for the talent of art, like to do textures and have such skill for add details. i hope i will be able to play it on a server soon with players.
and good job for getting many suggestions and posts itz quite new tho.
the talk about map never will end tho.

might be quite early but well i hope there will be a 2nd map but maybe not a spacemap hahaha

oh and sorry i might wrote a too long text. but well why not ? aint too bad.. then you people have to read something.

Vaan thanks all the readers and all the fans ! ! ! so see you around tho and yea good job Devil at all
thanks mythical vaan and thank you for your availability as a beta tester of confidence Smile lol

10-25-2015, 06:30 PM,
yo, one little problem here.
i cant play on this map anymore, it load the map (done) but cant enter the game (just able to see the console)
I have no idea whats wrong, maybe anyone knows?

well no idea where to post it but i guess it seems like a nice place here.

and bb
No, Signature needed tho?!