Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good program to edit models md2 or IQM?
11-18-2015, 06:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2015, 06:41 AM by Devil.)
good program to edit models md2 or IQM?
Hi all
can anyone recommend me some good programs to edit models animated and not animated with linux ??
because with mm3d i m able to edit only the md2 models and not export all models correctly
Thank you in advance
the law is equal for all, in my country is one hope
[Image: Seclan.jpg]

11-18-2015, 06:54 AM,
RE: good program to edit models md2 or IQM?
Blender
Ban? Who Can I Ban???
11-18-2015, 08:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2015, 08:16 AM by Devil.)
(11-18-2015, 06:54 AM)[SiN]bAnfire Wrote: Blender
yes i use blender but I can not find a good exporter md2
which version of blender do you recommend to use please

11-18-2015, 09:12 AM,
I am a total noob that just happens to know blender is used for aa models.
Irritant is the expert on this.
However, i think the output from blender is first exported to another format, before exported to md2
Ban? Who Can I Ban???
11-18-2015, 02:38 PM,
There isn't any MD2 exporter for the latest versions of blender (or rather non that worked for me properly).
Irritant exports it into milkshape format afaik end export it with milkshape then. but could also be an other program.

The latest version of blender with an working MD2 exporter is version 2.49. But its kinda old (something around 2009). Its that old, that there are compatiblity problems between the latest versions and this version. Here is my workaround:
I create a model with blender 2.7#. Then I export it to .obj. Then I import it with blender 2.49 and finally export it as .md2. To edit an .md2 file I use the same method, just upside down.

There are IQM exporters for the latest blender versions. You can find them on the git hub site of the developer. unfortainly I can't help you there. I tried to export a model once, but aa could not load it. I probably have made a wrong setting at exporting.
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
11-18-2015, 03:40 PM,
I use Blender 2.49 still, and use the built in .md2 exporter.

You can still get the IQM exporter for that version of Blender too.

One day I'll update to a newer version of Blender, but right now there is really no reason for me to. It does everything I ever need it to, and I'm used to the interface. The last time I updated, I found the interface to be so different and very confusing, IMO.
11-19-2015, 06:53 AM,
thank you so much you were really friendly
2.49 blender works and also has a great layout
looking I found an importer exporter for later versions of blender functions hope in AA( http://ufoai.org/wiki/Modelling/Blender )
thank you Smile I start work Smile