Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to paint an unwrapped model?
02-02-2016, 10:55 AM,
How to paint an unwrapped model?
I have the problem, that I don't know how to paint an unwrapped model. Unwrapping has not been a problem at all. I made a picture to demonstrate my problem:
[Image: YF6A8sCWIWdS.jpg]
For example: I want to have a cube, but don't want to see any texture anomalies on its edges. Its working fine on the edes that are next to each other (marked black in the picture). But I have to tweak the other (not black-colored) edges and the area around them. But I never figured it out how to do it correct. After spendings hours with such a simple mesh the result is still not *fine*. There must be some simple trick, how to do it. I used to unwrap my meshes smart, so that you don't see those faulty edges at all, because they are on the background etc...

Can anyone explain me how to make the texture smoothless on my mesh? (I have not found a good tuturial myself yet)
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
02-02-2016, 11:03 AM,
RE: How to paint an unwrapped model?
In this case, you need to paste the same tiling texture in *each* of the squares, and rotate it accordingly so that the tiling edges match up.
02-02-2016, 08:18 PM,
RE: How to paint an unwrapped model?
Thx. The reason I have avoided doing this in past was that it felt like I have used one part of the texture multiple times, so it always looked the "same" for me.
Hope this solved my problem, gonna try it during the next days Smile
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]