Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dependencies list for Linux(Compiling/Running)
06-12-2012, 05:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013, 05:34 PM by Max.)
Dependencies list for Linux(Compiling/Running)
The information in this thread is no longer relavent! Alien Arena includes a README file with the most recent compile instructions and dependencies list. Please use that instead.

EDIT: First revision-- I think fixed the issue with openal-soft versus openAL but I don't have an Ubuntu box handy right at the moment to test it (Debian only at the moment.) Remove some extras which didn't look like they belonged. Also, thanks for stickying!

EDIT: Second revision-- include note about Linux mint and the libkrb53 fix.

EDIT: Third revision-- Tik's list for Ubuntu 10.04.

I think it's about time we had a single place for this information.

But, first, stop right there! Are you running ubuntu 10.04? (Not any earlier version?) In that case, there is an easier way! Note that Linux Mint 9 is just a remix of Ubuntu 10.04. Furthermore note that users of Ubuntu 9.04/Linux Mint 7 or newer have a very good chance of getting the PlayDeb packages working anyway. (Also note that Ubuntu 9.10 and derivatives like Mint 8 have a known issue when installing. If you have problems installing on those distros, try installing the package libkrb53 from Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty.) If that doesn't apply to you or you still want to compile, continue reading...

This list applies to Debian and deritive distros such as Ubuntu. For other distros (Fedora, Arch, Gentoo, Slackware, SuSE etc.) the exact package names might be different but you need basically the same stuff.

These packages will install the libraries used by Alien Arena (as of v 7.32) plus the software necessary to compile it.
Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential comerr-dev g++ gettext html2text libaa1-dev libalut0 libasound2-dev libaudio-dev libaudio2 libaudiofile-dev libcaca-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libfreetype6-dev libgcrypt11-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libgnutls-dev libgpg-error-dev libice-dev libidn11-dev libjpeg62-dev libkadm55 libkrb5-dev libldap2-dev libopenal1\|openal-soft libopenal-dev libpng12-dev libpthread-stubs0 libpthread-stubs0-dev libslang2-dev libsm-dev libtasn1-3-dev libx11-dev libxau-dev libxcb1-dev libxdmcp-dev libxext-dev libxt-dev libxxf86dga-dev libxxf86vm-dev mesa-common-dev sharutils tofrodos x11proto-core-dev x11proto-input-dev x11proto-kb-dev x11proto-xext-dev x11proto-xf86dga-dev x11proto-xf86vidmode-dev libvorbis\|libvorbis0a libvorbis-dev xtrans-dev zlib1g-dev

Kudos to "Synapse" for compiling this list!!

Note that doing a build-dep on the alien-arena package won't get all of the dependencies for recent versions of the game (Alien Arena 2009 v7.30 or newer,) because the alien-arena package is out-of-date and new dependencies have been added since then.

EDIT: Tik suggests this list for users of Ubuntu 10.04:
[quote author=tik board=aatech thread=4422 post=46984 time=1278267728]sudo apt-get install build-essential comerr-dev g++ gettext html2text libaa1-dev libalut0 libasound2-dev libaudio-dev libaudio2 libaudiofile-dev libcaca-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libfreetype6-dev libgcrypt11-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libgnutls-dev libgpg-error-dev libice-dev libidn11-dev libjpeg62-dev libkrb5-dev libldap2-dev libopenal1\|openal-soft libopenal-dev libpng12-dev libpthread-stubs0 libpthread-stubs0-dev libslang2-dev libsm-dev libtasn1-3-dev libx11-dev libxau-dev libxcb1-dev libxdmcp-dev libxext-dev libxt-dev libxxf86dga-dev libxxf86vm-dev mesa-common-dev sharutils tofrodos x11proto-core-dev x11proto-input-dev x11proto-kb-dev x11proto-xext-dev x11proto-xf86dga-dev x11proto-xf86vidmode-dev libvorbis\|libvorbis0a libvorbis-dev xtrans-dev zlib1g-de

Although I still suggest strongly that, unless they want to compile from SVN, users of Ubuntu 10.04 should install from playdeb if possible, in which case dependencies will be automatically taken care of.

Now... sticky please?
07-13-2012, 12:44 AM,
RE: Dependencies list for Linux(Compiling/Running)
The Unix/GNU-Linux build changes from time to time; sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. See the README in the top directory for the latest information.
Cool  Pie fixes everything. So does BACON!
01-30-2014, 11:17 AM,
Would be possible to have an updated command list for the dependencies for the most recent version of AA??? It gets really confusing when comes to that and packages can't be found or something. One question i would have as well is regarding the 64bits distros, do we need different sets of packages for that reason? That would be really sweet!!!
Thanks!
[Image: ctcazazo1cl.png]
Art thanks to Paul former [OS] Drastic, yeah I know... really Cool!! Pro GIMP Bro!

01-31-2014, 11:53 AM,
(01-30-2014, 11:17 AM)cazazo Wrote: Would be possible to have an updated command list for the dependencies for the most recent version of AA??? It gets really confusing when comes to that and packages can't be found or something. One question i would have as well is regarding the 64bits distros, do we need different sets of packages for that reason? That would be really sweet!!!
Thanks!
Yes, it would be. I am in the midst of doing a major rework of the Unix/GNU-Linux build and install. It will include new documentation. There will be advance warning before it gets into SVN. It will be several weeks before that happens.

In the meantime, you can PM me with questions, comments, anything that would help make the new version better.
Cool  Pie fixes everything. So does BACON!
02-04-2014, 05:10 AM,
Thanks Mate! That will be great!
(01-31-2014, 11:53 AM)stratokaztr Wrote:
(01-30-2014, 11:17 AM)cazazo Wrote: Would be possible to have an updated command list for the dependencies for the most recent version of AA??? It gets really confusing when comes to that and packages can't be found or something. One question i would have as well is regarding the 64bits distros, do we need different sets of packages for that reason? That would be really sweet!!!
Thanks!
Yes, it would be. I am in the midst of doing a major rework of the Unix/GNU-Linux build and install. It will include new documentation. There will be advance warning before it gets into SVN. It will be several weeks before that happens.

In the meantime, you can PM me with questions, comments, anything that would help make the new version better.
[Image: ctcazazo1cl.png]
Art thanks to Paul former [OS] Drastic, yeah I know... really Cool!! Pro GIMP Bro!