Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alien Arena: Warriors of Mars
04-06-2017, 01:48 AM,
RE: Alien Arena: Warriors of Mars
LOL, that is material for people to create bad*ss art with Smile
(04-05-2017, 08:34 PM)nealcoolio Wrote: That's Bad**$, John!
Ban? Who Can I Ban???
04-06-2017, 11:31 AM,
Those images look better than the image that is on Steam. The one on Steam has way too many things in it for its size and doesn't do justice to AA. It has too much noise in it. You have to already know AA in order to understand what's in the image.
[Image: animalt.png]

Chaingun Server Browser
http://hal.nanoid.net/arena/tools/browser
Save a tree or two. Use both sides of toilet paper.
04-06-2017, 11:34 AM,
Yeah, I'm going to fix that "boxart" image today. It is definitely a bit busy.
07-14-2017, 11:40 AM,
The Steam Store is completed - a lot changed image-wise. There may be some more changes coming, pending Valve's suggestions.

I spent the past few months cultivating new screenshots. Our media page has them all - you may need to clear your browser cache or at least refresh the page, since some images were updated versions. There may be another row added as I work through the Steam-Only content and have some pretty juicy ones to upload. The ones that are there though, will probably stay the same.

I'm buying a new laptop in the next week or so, and once I have it, I will put together my "Warriors" trailer. This one is short, very cinematic, and fast paced. It will be under 30 seconds long, and it will be 1080p, suitable for use in any situation(including television). I've storyboarded it out, and have the music(Yes, it's QIM music!). It will have game sounds integrated in, and I think it's going to rock some socks off.

Additionally, I'll be making some level trailers, and would like some help with that if possible. I'll make the first one as a guideline, and then if anyone wants to contribute some, that would be pretty awesome.
07-16-2017, 07:42 AM,
Speaking of screenshots: I dislike the ones of babel. The horns are bothering me. The fog colors the Objekt in the background. But to me it looks like that the brushes of the towers are blurred - what you would expect - but the horns are clear to see. The fog should have the same effect on all Items.
It is really bad here: http://red.planetarena.org/mediathumbs/g...on3_37.jpg
Not that bad here: http://red.planetarena.org/mediathumbs/g...on3_36.jpg
Just fine, as it should be here: http://red.planetarena.org/mediathumbs/g...on3_35.jpg

I'd like to help on the level trailers. You know that I've made something like this for my maps ages ago. At that time I used fraps and windows movie maker. I don't have any of them at the moment. What program(s) can you recommend? I'm willing to spend few euros if necessary.
It would be very helpful if you roll out Benau's patch to record directly from ingame - or integrate this feature yourself. I think it is wort to have it. I have never tested Benau's code, but I would have to build the windows binarys myself at any related commit...
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
09-18-2017, 08:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2017, 01:28 PM by DeathRay.)
Video  RE: Alien Arena: Warriors of Mars
I finished the "30 seconds of hell" video I had mentioned I was going to create. It's fast, furious, and rocking. Was a real biatch to get it synced up with the music, but after about 100 or so edits, got it pretty good I think.

"Victory Awaits" is on YouTube, and it's in 1080HD, so make sure you set it properly to view it.

I'm going to make about five or six more videos this week and next, of levels and action.
09-19-2017, 01:26 PM,
lol
YOU should have gotten an Emmy :-)
Don't ferget a cool video of the jetpack !
09-21-2017, 12:18 PM,
Jetpack will come when I do the DM-Turbo and DM-Wasteland level previews.

Here is the one for Leviathan. They will all feature this format.

09-21-2017, 12:31 PM,
Nice, mr Irr, very nice!
Ban? Who Can I Ban???
09-25-2017, 10:51 AM,
Turbocharger!