Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OSX version Available?
11-06-2016, 10:31 PM,
OSX version Available?
What's up guys, long time.

I was wondering if there is an OSX version out for Alien Arena? So I can run it on my macbook?

http://red.planetarena.org/aquire.html#

Says it's for LINUX/UNIX/OSX but it gives me a tar.gz on OSX but doesn't have any installer file for OSX.
11-07-2016, 02:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2016, 02:47 AM by Max.)
RE: OSX version Available?
Our Autotools has a Darwin target that hasn't been updated in ages and may not work anymore. Someone should really just fix the web page.
Quote:* maxtothemax is back
<maxtothemax> with a vengeance
<maxtothemax> and chips
<maxtothemax> and bean dip
11-08-2016, 12:13 AM,
That would seem useful haha
11-08-2016, 12:43 AM,
Well, I'd hesitate to remove the text about OSX support, until at least someone can confirm it no longer works. If it doesn't, perhaps someone should fix it, though I expect there is very little interest in OSX native games these days.
11-08-2016, 02:32 AM,
People looking for an OS X version are not looking to compile something themselves.
Quote:* maxtothemax is back
<maxtothemax> with a vengeance
<maxtothemax> and chips
<maxtothemax> and bean dip
11-16-2016, 06:23 AM,
Used gunzip and created the tarball alienarena-7.66. Cd'ed into the folder and tried to run ./configure but returned error saying required JPEG library not found. Make command doesn't seem to work, or make install. I'm following the README simple install which is very straight forward, don't know what could be the issue.        
11-23-2016, 09:30 AM,
Try to install manually the needed libraries, idk how to do that on a mac, but on Linux I'm sure it works. Smile
(11-16-2016, 06:23 AM)ToastRawr Wrote: Used gunzip and created the tarball alienarena-7.66. Cd'ed into the folder and tried to run ./configure but returned error saying required JPEG library not found. Make command doesn't seem to work, or make install. I'm following the README simple install which is very straight forward, don't know what could be the issue.
[Image: DOKyX.png]