Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pls help with my cfg
01-18-2017, 05:58 PM,
pls help with my cfg
Hey,
I'm having problems with AA lately (well, quite a long time now actually) cos of my quite old rig. I'm even having some kind of "lag" which I think happens on my side (vid card or smth).

Here is my config.cfg http://pastebin.com/B7MbvQ4h

Is there anything I could turn off/on or lower, so it would help on my old HW? Smile

(I have intel pentium dual core and GeForce 9800 GT 512MB)

Or btw is there anything I could set in Nvidia X Server Settings, or is the default settings ok?
czech web about Alien Arena http://aa.berycz.net/ and my "blog" about programming in python and traveling http://www.berycz.net/
01-18-2017, 06:09 PM,
RE: pls help with my cfg
Try using force martian models.
I can't tell if you use the minimap or not, but if you do, try disabling that.
Also disable the pain distortion effect and ragdolls.
Try lowering the maxfps to something around 60.

Stop traveling around the globe and get an upgrade Smile
[Image: animalt.png]

Chaingun Server Browser
http://hal.nanoid.net/arena/tools/browser
Save a tree or two. Use both sides of toilet paper.
01-18-2017, 06:35 PM,
Here some general tips:

-you could test your connection with mtr(console program), gives an overview and shows if you have packetloss.

Code:
mtr 149.210.138.19

- try a minimal window manager like openbox
- disable vsync

-to remove some inputlag, put this in your xorg.conf (or in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-nvidia.conf)
in Section "Device":

Code:
Option         "RegistryDwords" "OGL_MaxFramesAllowed=0x0; EnableBrightnessControl=1; PowerMizerEnable=0x1; PerfLevelSrc=0x2222; PowerMizerDefaultAC=0x1"

-you can try different libraries to handle input devices: libinput or evdev.
I am using libinput, here is a config for disable mouse acceleration(/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/30-mouse.conf)

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "libinput mouse"
MatchIsPointer "on"
MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
Driver "libinput"
Option "AccelProfile" "flat"
EndSection

- use high compatibility mode in game settings
- adjust the rate cvar in your config.cfg e.g. set rate 10000

Hope some tips will help.
01-18-2017, 09:00 PM,
Try changing sys_affinity to 0

On my old dual core this made a heap of difference, when set to 1 I got sound and input lag, with it set to 0 performance was much better, ymmv

01-19-2017, 07:51 AM,
I use the "max performance" preset in the video options, try using that.

Could you tell us what framerates you're getting? (cl_drawfps 1) You can also see a graph of how long each individual frame takes to render using the frametime cvar.
Quote:* maxtothemax is back
<maxtothemax> with a vengeance
<maxtothemax> and chips
<maxtothemax> and bean dip
01-19-2017, 10:39 AM,
Man, that should be plenty of power to run the game.
I use built in Intel HD 2000 grafix on a cheap ITX Foxconn motherboard.
Like Max suggested, AA is set for high performance with all the eye candy turned off.
Thinking outside the box...... I know you play CTF with a lot of people moving in an open area.
That can mean some pretty good hits on your bandwidth. Not sure what you have, but I think you can set the game for a lower speed that might help in the config.
01-19-2017, 05:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2017, 05:30 PM by berycz.)
ok, I tried animal's advices, it didn't help... except for the "ragdolls", cos I dont know, what that is...?

now I tried sys_affinity 0, seems the same to me either, although I have to try later with more ppl in the server

about input lag - do I get it right, that the mouse/kb input can be lagged on my side? I wasnt sure it was possible, but often I was thinking about that... cos I've got the feeling sometimes that I pressed the fire button quite long enough before I got fragged by the opponent, but it didnt shoot... so yea, there might be one problem...

the other problem, to explain, is that most of the time I can see the shots kinda missing me and yet it frags me... or the other way, I'm damn sure I didnt miss, yet the opponent didn't get hit... or I can see that I miss someone with my shot, yet he gets fragged (I like those tho Big Grin )

my inet is 200/20Mbit and the ping on BBM CTF I/R is about 40 and AA netgraph shows no packet loss

I don't know why, but the best visible it is with Sander... my ping is 40, his is like 60 and he can usually hit me when he shoots "behind me"... or that's how I see that... quite offten he hits me like 1-2meters behind me, depends on how fast i walk/run/dodge and prolly on how many ppl is in the server a how many home rockets etc...

so thanks for your help for now, I'll try those later with more ppl in the server and I'll keep you updated

Edit: btw I have 58-60fps... and "set frametime 1" in the console didn't do anything
czech web about Alien Arena http://aa.berycz.net/ and my "blog" about programming in python and traveling http://www.berycz.net/
01-19-2017, 05:37 PM,
Sometimes people use an older version of the driver
If I remember correctly...some features of the newer Nvdia drivers don't like open gl that much.
Maybe you've already done that
I dunno
Peace :-)

(01-19-2017, 05:00 PM)berycz Wrote: ok, I tried animal's advices, it didn't help... except for the "ragdolls", cos I dont know, what that is...?

now I tried sys_affinity 0, seems the same to me either, although I have to try later with more ppl in the server

about input lag - do I get it right, that the mouse/kb input can be lagged on my side? I wasnt sure it was possible, but often I was thinking about that... cos I've got the feeling sometimes that I pressed the fire button quite long enough before I got fragged by the opponent, but it didnt shoot... so yea, there might be one problem...

the other problem, to explain, is that most of the time I can see the shots kinda missing me and yet it frags me... or the other way, I'm damn sure I didnt miss, yet the opponent didn't get hit... or I can see that I miss someone with my shot, yet he gets fragged (I like those tho Big Grin )

my inet is 200/20Mbit and the ping on BBM CTF I/R is about 40 and AA netgraph shows no packet loss

I don't know why, but the best visible it is with Sander... my ping is 40, his is like 60 and he can usually hit me when he shoots "behind me"... or that's how I see that... quite offten he hits me like 1-2meters behind me, depends on how fast i walk/run/dodge and prolly on how many ppl is in the server a how many home rockets etc...

so thanks for your help for now, I'll try those later with more ppl in the server and I'll keep you updated

Edit: btw I have 58-60fps... and "set frametime 1" in the console didn't do anything
01-19-2017, 11:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2017, 11:41 PM by Max.)
I apologize, the correct cvar is "timegraph," not "frametime." However, I think your problem is actually network lag, because it seems like your graphics performance is probably fine.
Quote:* maxtothemax is back
<maxtothemax> with a vengeance
<maxtothemax> and chips
<maxtothemax> and bean dip
02-13-2017, 05:06 PM,
after the last week of playing I think there is a different problem... I think the server (either the game, or the server, or the router) decides, whom to give some kind of "antilag preference"... I've got it almost all the time the last week and I think others can tell by my shooting Smile I've even got my personal record of 520+ score in ctf Smile while I got the antilag working properly, others started to complain their antilag doesnt work (jar, sander, and even vaan got worse lately)... but then last night there was dondo and animal in the server and it prefered them over me, so I wasnt able to hit anything, while they could hit me "few meters" behind me... which is crazy, 'cos dondo's got ping 20 and I've got 40...
I thought that there is this problem for a long time.. and not only on bbm, but on DO euro either... to me it sounds actually weird, but I think it's true... most of the nights last week I was a killer, in some maps I could probably beat the sh*t out of dondo Smile who is by my opinion the best player around atm... but I cant, 'cos when he joines, I get the "lag" Big Grin
But I guess there is no solution to this Undecided