Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SVN on Windows
10-11-2012, 07:50 PM,
RE: SVN on Windows
(06-16-2012, 03:56 PM)Xulb Wrote: Notes:

I built the attached config.h for ode by running ./configure in linux (basically, actually Cygwin). It lets the win version compile, and I play everyday using the resulting build...but no guarantees that it "does the right thing" for every system.

Ragdolls don't work unless the config.h for libode is generated by running premake.

Tools > Visual Studio Command Prompt

> cd aa-svn\vs2010\libsrc\ode-0.11.1\build\
> premake4.exe vs2008

Then build crx.
10-15-2012, 10:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-16-2012, 09:50 AM by Xulb.)
Thanks PM -- I have updated the previous how-to with your tip- X
(10-11-2012, 07:50 PM)Postal Maniac Wrote:
(06-16-2012, 03:56 PM)Xulb Wrote: Notes:

I built the attached config.h for ode by running ./configure in linux (basically, actually Cygwin). It lets the win version compile, and I play everyday using the resulting build...but no guarantees that it "does the right thing" for every system.

Ragdolls don't work unless the config.h for libode is generated by running premake.

Tools > Visual Studio Command Prompt

> cd aa-svn\vs2010\libsrc\ode-0.11.1\build\
> premake4.exe vs2008

Then build crx.
[Image: clantagXulb.png]
Original artwork by [OS]Drastic - Paul
Country of origin flag update by Uncle Caz
12-01-2012, 01:04 AM,
Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop can build 64-bit executables. I managed to compile CRX for 64-bit Windows by changing four lines of code (patch and modified file attached). The compiler produced hundreds of warnings, which I ignored. The executable runs, but I can't test it as a game client, because I don't have a machine handy that has both 3D acceleration and 64-bit Windows. So I thought I'd drop a tip in this thread, if anyone else wants to try it.

.txt   GWLP_WNDPROC.diff.txt (Size: 1.46 KB / Downloads: 6)

.txt   sys_win.c.txt (Size: 24.74 KB / Downloads: 6)

. Install VS2012 from http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en...ws-desktop
. Prepare aa-svn directory for building according to Xulb's fine instructions.
. Apply patch or drop modified sys_win.c in aa-svn\source\win32\
. Open aa-svn\alienarena_w32.sln in VS2012.
. When prompted to Update VC++ Compiler and Libraries > Update
. Build menu > Configuration Manager > Active solution configuration > Release
. Configuration Manager > Active solution platform > New > x64
. Build menu > Build Solution
. Copy aa-svn\vs2010\bin\Release\crx.exe to aa-svn directory.
. Copy C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\redist\x64\Microsoft.VC110.CRT\msvcr110.dll into aa-svn directory.
. Run crx.exe and hope it works.
12-02-2012, 04:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012, 04:15 AM by :ac:[SiN]METALHEAD.)
Why go threw all that "code jibberish" when we can follow "Assasin's or Irritants" way of downloading through "Tortoise"?????? Undecided
Much easier and better than "SLOW"... Confused

Cheers m8 \m/ Big Grin
[Image: jy42.jpg]
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology
12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645 (NVIDA)

12-02-2012, 06:19 AM,
metal, that 'code jibberish' isnt to download and use SVN!
its a addition guide how to build 'own' windows binarys with the sourcecode (and you still have to get SVN, so with "Assassins or irritants way"). well it might be better when this has a own thread to reduce confusion.

Postal Maniac, i will try it later and let you know the result
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
12-02-2012, 08:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012, 08:46 AM by Freaky.)
after some failed tries to compile, the 64-bit version didnt work. it crashed as soon as i launched it - windows showed crx.exe doesnt works anymore (< tranlated msg).
12-02-2012, 10:16 AM,
Yeah, I've tried this a few times before, was unable to get it to actually run.
01-06-2013, 02:46 AM,
Hey guys I'm having a problem recently. I had AA 7.6 installed and uninstalled it, hoping to get the AA SVN to work. I followed the tutorial step by step and at completion it said something to the extent of "89 mb files downloaded succeeded"-Everything looked good and ok so far..So I went inside the folder opened galaxy and bam, I had galaxy running.But, I tried opening a online game and everything was super slow. It took about 2-3 minutes to load maps, whereas it would take me like 5-10 secs with AA 7.6 installed. Also when I join a online game from galaxy it opens a windows and says 'find location of AA folder" or something and I choose Alien Arena SVN. Last but not least, when I'm done loading the map after the estimated 2-3 mins it says 'server connection timed out' on the console.....Whatever map, whatever game..
I might me a total noob and have something missing here, lol Thanks Smile

specs:w7ultimate64
1gb ram lol
nvidia n force 620i/ GeForce 7050
Intel e2160 dual core 1.8ghz lol
have all drivers updated and everything
01-06-2013, 03:52 PM,
that with galaxy seems to be 'normal', if you install a version of aa like 7.60 and dont change the install directory it will get saved under C:/Alien Arena 7_60/. the version of galaxy which comes with this release automaticly looks for alienarena.exe under this directory (the default directory is saved in galaxy itself) but if you dont have installed it on the default directory it wont find the directory and asks you for the location of it. same on svn, the current galaxy in SVN searches for alienarena.exe under C:/Alien Arena 7_65/. but it dont find it there so it asks you... < ok not sure how exactly galaxy works (and why it doesnt simple looks in the directory it is itself located :S) but that makes more or less sence (at least for me)

SVN works fine for me, it loads fast, just precaching the playermodels takes some seconds. 1gb ram isnt much (at least ntot nowadays). in the readme file stands 1,5gb are required. try reduce the quality, enable force martian models (less models will gets load), and disable hdlightmaps (r_ligtmapfiles 0 if its setted to 1) < that should save some ram.

hope that helped at least a bit
01-07-2013, 12:35 AM,
(01-06-2013, 02:46 AM)ToastRawr Wrote: Hey guys I'm having a problem recently. I had AA 7.6 installed and uninstalled it, hoping to get the AA SVN to work. I followed the tutorial step by step and at completion it said something to the extent of "89 mb files downloaded succeeded"-Everything looked good and ok so far..So I went inside the folder opened galaxy and bam, I had galaxy running.But, I tried opening a online game and everything was super slow. It took about 2-3 minutes to load maps, whereas it would take me like 5-10 secs with AA 7.6 installed. Also when I join a online game from galaxy it opens a windows and says 'find location of AA folder" or something and I choose Alien Arena SVN. Last but not least, when I'm done loading the map after the estimated 2-3 mins it says 'server connection timed out' on the console.....Whatever map, whatever game..
I might me a total noob and have something missing here, lol Thanks Smile

specs:w7ultimate64
1gb ram lol
nvidia n force 620i/ GeForce 7050
Intel e2160 dual core 1.8ghz lol
have all drivers updated and everything
galaxy only looks where it was programmed to look, so you have to help it out, lol
as far as slow loading of maps, etc., my question there to you would be what shape is your hard drive in? when was the last time you checked it and defragged it?
your new install of the game may have spread the files in little odd spots on the drive. I would suggest you run a scandisk and defragment. See if that helps with map loading times. Lots of files to load to get a map up, and if they are spread out all over the drive it will take a bit longer to load. Also with svn you will only have the latest official maps and files, no 3rd party content will be setup with an svn install. You will have to either go to servers and download maps as they are served up, or hit one of the repositories and manually install the 3rd party maps.