Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spare time fun :)
06-17-2017, 09:42 PM,
RE: Spare time fun :)
Alien arena on phone lol? It will be little difficult to play I think.

A thought comes in my mind that you should with modern graphics cards be able to skip the whole compiling step and do it all with real time rendering. Or at least compiling maps with the help of graphics card.
06-18-2017, 05:51 AM,
(06-17-2017, 09:42 PM)AlienCat Wrote: Alien arena on phone lol? It will be little difficult to play I think.

A thought comes in my mind that you should with modern graphics cards be able to skip the whole compiling step and do it all with real time rendering. Or at least compiling maps with the help of graphics card.

Naw, not AA on a phone, but a Piranha game.
Those from the pics in Irr's original post, but that are now missing.

These Piranha's, are now in the waters of AA maps
Ban? Who Can I Ban???
06-18-2017, 10:15 AM,
(06-08-2017, 06:49 PM)Irritant Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 04:51 PM)Izaias Wrote: Its not working on my Windows vista 32 bit.

Yeah, it's a 64 bit program.

hmmm
It's not working on my win 7 HP 64 bit either :-(
just does a quick flash
added to AV as an exception, etc.
06-18-2017, 01:17 PM,
(06-18-2017, 10:15 AM)nealcoolio Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 06:49 PM)Irritant Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 04:51 PM)Izaias Wrote: Its not working on my Windows vista 32 bit.

Yeah, it's a 64 bit program.

hmmm
It's not working on my win 7 HP 64 bit either :-(
just does a quick flash
added to AV as an exception, etc.

It's probably kicking out because you're driver isn't using OpenGL 4.3 or higher.  I'll make it so that it creates a dialog that stays up until you close it so you can see for sure.

Next week I'll put up the new version, it's somewhat at an alpha stage now, there are bosses, environment changes during level progression, and first person view of your arms.  Really I just have to add a few 2d graphics, and sound/music, and this thing is about done.  I might even put it on Steam, what the hell, just some cheapo time-waster game.  Maybe like Banfire said, do some "pay to win" items like weapons and other powerups. 

The Android version will come later, though I do have the engine in place and working.  I can't properly test it until I get a new laptop that can run the emulator better, and my own Android isn't Opengl ES2 compatible, so it won't run on that. 

I'm basically just trying to spend a few hours a week on this one, just so I don't get burned out on doing AA stuff.  Nice little diversion, plus it keeps my skills fresh.