Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level A Day #19 - TAC-Impact
06-17-2017, 11:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2017, 03:03 PM by Irritant.)
Level A Day #19 - TAC-Impact
Level Name: TAC-Impact

Known Issues:

1.  Replace bsp curbs in courtyards with something smoother, better, more realistic, perhaps terrain mesh.
2.  Bot path file missing.

Possible tweaks:
06-17-2017, 11:02 AM,
RE: Level A Day #19 - TAC-Impact
Note, I have skipped Etermination since that is identical in most ways to CTF version, so I will apply those changes, then create a thread after I've completed that.
06-18-2017, 05:41 AM,
Is there any way how to test the map?
In tactical mode I can't go into the spectator mode. And walking through the map is not comfortable due the tactical movement and the tactical elements (for example the deathray).
Playing in "default" (DM) mode is much better, BUT the tactical components such as the Power Gen wont be loaded and shown. I can't check wheteher they are placed well and so on. But the deathrays were loaded and are shooting me blithely.
I want to be test the map like I can test DM or CTF maps
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
06-18-2017, 11:38 AM,
I'll make some mods, not even sure why spec mode isn't allowed in Tactical. I'll also make it so the deathrays don't do anything in DM mode.
06-19-2017, 12:34 AM,
Actually, there may be good reasons for that - so - just do this - "set cheats 1" "set g_tactial 1" "map tac-impact".

Then you can walk around with impunity Smile

PS - I uploaded TAC-Extermination2k15 - but won't open a thread until this map is reviewed.
06-19-2017, 03:03 PM,
Beginning work on this today - hoping to finish up by the evening. Would really love some input.
06-19-2017, 05:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2017, 05:58 PM by Freaky.)
(06-19-2017, 12:34 AM)Irritant Wrote: Actually, there may be good reasons for that - so - just do this - "set cheats 1" "set g_tactial 1" "map tac-impact".

Then you can walk around with impunity Smile

PS - I uploaded TAC-Extermination2k15 - but won't open a thread until this map is reviewed.

Ok I've done this. But the movement was odd. I have not done anything but the caracter did not stop to jump. So I wanted to go into the spectator mode, typed spectator 1 and tried the same with spectator 2. Nothing happend. I thought the movement had something todo with my player model (I have the gen2 martiancyborg - yes. its time to go ahead for the gen3 one) so I switched to the martianenforcer (or warrior, I don't remember). I typed startmap tac-extermination2k15 (due to the terrain reloading bug) and now the spectator mode worked. But after typing spectator 0 I was still inside it...

Because of this the review is limited to visuality only. I have not tried gameplay, so I can't tell about bad clipping and so on.

[Image: alienarena_343.jpg]

[Image: alienarena_336.jpg]

[Image: alienarena_337.jpg]

[Image: alienarena_338.jpg]

[Image: alienarena_339.jpg]

[Image: alienarena_340.jpg]

[Image: alienarena_341.jpg]

[Image: alienarena_342.jpg]

Thats it! What I really love is that impact looks like a other map (compared to the dm version). You received this with only minor changes and a other lighting and environment (fog) setting. chapeau Smile
06-20-2017, 01:42 PM,
You really don't need to go into spectator mode. Just set cheats 1 before going into the map, and type "god" when you're loaded.

Not sure what you mean at all by "it wouldn't stop to jump"? Movement in Tactical is slower though(though I think I meant to change that back to normal speed, need to recheck some notes).

This map is getting a very extensive update, in addition to the things Freaky found, I've gone ahead and done major texture and brush work on it. Should look pretty incredible I think.
06-20-2017, 03:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2017, 03:59 PM by Freaky.)
I'm going to open a seperat thread for the movement issue.
Yesterday, 11:06 AM,
Still working on this map, non-stop for the past few days. I guess since it's the final level, I'm putting in some special sauce Big Grin