• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attention: All Server Ops
09-07-2017, 04:29 AM,
RE: Attention: All Server Ops
(09-06-2017, 06:19 PM)Irritant Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 06:10 PM)animal Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 01:42 PM)Irritant Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 01:18 PM)animal Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 01:01 PM)Dondo Wrote: I tried to connect to animals server, they still crash when I connect with the svn rev 5455.

Maybe I need to do something else?

BTW I'm running 5375 on my client and have no issues connecting.

Yeah, you shouldn't.  Older clients connecting to older servers are no issue.  You'd have an issue with a new client connecting to your server if your server binary isn't updated with the fix.

I did the first option in the first post in the thread. So I guess the binary is updated with the fix

You would have to verify the date of the binary that's actually being run to know for sure.

Yes you are right, I was loading the wrong binary. And I correctly remembered about the alternate install mode not being supported anymore on linux dedicated servers. So I also had to do a make install. My wrong, but it has been a while since I updated my servers, plus I'm getting old and starting to forget things Smile
[Image: animalt.png]

Chaingun Server Browser
http://hal.nanoid.net/arena/tools/browser
Save a tree or two. Use both sides of toilet paper.
09-07-2017, 12:15 PM,
At this point though, I would strongly suggest that all active community members update their clients AND servers to the latest SVN. The beta will be out shortly, and it's imperative that things get tested. If you have modified sv_main.c, you'll need to delete that file prior to updating.
----------------------------------------
Okie Dokie
I'll try to get it done in the next couple of days.......
Once I remember how to use SVN :-P
Like Animal, I am old
and ferget things
09-07-2017, 01:58 PM,
The next update will rename the maps, removing the year in the name. I would strongly suggest deleting the maps, scripts, and botinfo folders from the arena folder on both servers and clients that are current to prevent any conflicts. This likely will occur some time tomorrow, I'll post when it takes effect. You'll need to update the maplists in your server config files as well when this happens.
09-07-2017, 02:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2017, 02:19 PM by nealcoolio.)
(09-07-2017, 01:58 PM)Irritant Wrote: The next update will rename the maps, removing the year in the name. I would strongly suggest deleting the maps, scripts, and botinfo folders from the arena folder on both servers and clients that are current to prevent any conflicts. This likely will occur some time tomorrow, I'll post when it takes effect. You'll need to update the maplists in your server config files as well when this happens.

any idea why my client goes to 80% when loading.....then goes blewy?
It does this with the stock config file or my old config file.
I have 1 server converted, and it 'seems' to be working -_-
z_malloc (or something like that) error...it would seem
09-07-2017, 03:08 PM,
Which map, or is it all maps?
09-07-2017, 03:48 PM,
everything
other gen3 servers too
its like my client isn't happy
Intel HD Grafix 2000
worked ok with the last version
but im kinda worried
09-08-2017, 08:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2017, 08:57 AM by stratokaztr.)
Ran both Windows 10 and Linux latest clients on I Like Peanuts and DM Gen3 and they both worked ok. The Join Server list was filtered; this was the only server that showed up in the list.

There is some loading delay that is at least partly the result of some files that are being downloaded from the repos. These ended up in arena/pics folder; they are ammo icon pics. I do not know whether these are invalid references in games/g_items.c or erroneous deletions of pics/a_* files. Just FYI: Using the cvar developer 2 dumps a lot of file loading info. (For instances: There is no i_hud_alienblaster.tga file. There are file names in qcommon/terrain.c that contain a folder prefix of gfx resulting in attempts to load gfx/gfx/weed1.tga and other similar files).

I discovered that for effective testing one must check that the arena folder is "clean", i.e. does not contain old or downloaded files that should not be there.

Also, I noted that it is possible to join a server with "Player" as a player name; thought this was supposed to be blocked?
Cool  Pie fixes everything. So does BACON!
09-08-2017, 09:21 AM,
I just totally wiped out Alien Arena directory and did a fresh svn. Then tried to run just a bot game, same thing....loads about 80%, then blows up. Same when I went into options, and turned everything off.
:-(
09-08-2017, 10:31 AM,
(09-08-2017, 09:21 AM)nealcoolio Wrote: I just totally wiped out Alien Arena directory and did a fresh svn. Then tried to run just a bot game, same thing....loads about 80%, then blows up. Same when I went into options, and turned everything off.
:-(

If you are getting an error message that looks like "Z_Malloc: failed on allocation of # bytes", it may just be running out of memory. (Which may or may not be a bug.) How much RAM on your machine?
Cool  Pie fixes everything. So does BACON!
09-08-2017, 10:42 AM,
Strato,
I had looked that error up yesterday and seen the same thing...I even tried a few suggestions (futilely)
Win 7 HP 64 bit, i3, 8 gig DD3-1600
I'm still leaning to the onboard 'Intel HD Grafix 2000'
It worked just fine with a solid 60 fps on the old game, with all the eye candy turned off....
I'll just keep an eye on SVN and update if somebody comes up with something
until then...I'm out of business Undecided