Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Transition
10-31-2017, 03:10 PM,
Server Transition
As you know, the Beta used a protocol that was different than previous versions, and for the Steam release, we are bumping it again, officially breaking compatibility with the Beta. 

The release is set for this Friday, pending any issues that Valve needs us to address(I don't anticipate any).  This means that prior to Friday, you're going to need to update your servers from SVN.  I plan on doing this on my servers tomorrow, but I will leave 1 server running the beta version for a time being.  This just so that people who might somehow get ahold of the beta from somewhere will see a server or two.  Eventually I will take them down as well. 

These servers can be supplemented with the content from Steam if you're running a server from SVN and have the game yourself on Steam.  You'll have to manually copy them there, and remember that those using the free version of the game will be forced to download that content via UDP.
11-02-2017, 01:49 PM,
RE: Server Transition
(10-31-2017, 03:10 PM)DeathRay Wrote: As you know, the Beta used a protocol that was different than previous versions, and for the Steam release, we are bumping it again, officially breaking compatibility with the Beta. 

The release is set for this Friday, pending any issues that Valve needs us to address(I don't anticipate any).  This means that prior to Friday, you're going to need to update your servers from SVN.  I plan on doing this on my servers tomorrow, but I will leave 1 server running the beta version for a time being.  This just so that people who might somehow get ahold of the beta from somewhere will see a server or two.  Eventually I will take them down as well. 

These servers can be supplemented with the content from Steam if you're running a server from SVN and have the game yourself on Steam.  You'll have to manually copy them there, and remember that those using the free version of the game will be forced to download that content via UDP.

All servers need to update today please.
11-02-2017, 03:21 PM,
All my servers are updated and up!
[Image: animalt.png]

Chaingun Server Browser
http://hal.nanoid.net/arena/tools/browser
Save a tree or two. Use both sides of toilet paper.
11-02-2017, 03:26 PM,
(11-02-2017, 03:21 PM)animal Wrote: All my servers are updated and up!

Thanks!
11-03-2017, 11:14 AM,
All that needs to be copied is the map files with their lightmaps and meshes?

Chaingun Server Browser
11-03-2017, 11:15 AM,
(11-03-2017, 11:14 AM)animal Wrote: All that needs to be copied is the map files with their lightmaps and meshes?

Are you talking about the Steam Only content?

You would just need to download the .zip file of that and extract it, it's really just maps and skins.
11-03-2017, 11:19 AM,
Yes, I am talking about the Steam Only Content.
So I guess that files also gets updated when there are changes/updates to maps and skins?

Chaingun Server Browser
11-03-2017, 11:24 AM,
(11-03-2017, 11:19 AM)animal Wrote: Yes, I am talking about the Steam Only Content.
So I guess that files also gets updated when there are changes/updates to maps and skins?

Yeah, so if your server is SVN, you'd need to copy the latest versions of the maps/skins if they update.  If they do update, I'll be sure to post info about that so people can copy the new stuff over.  Doubtful any skins would update, maps, maybe.
11-03-2017, 12:07 PM,
I need a link to that zip. The zip I have does not have the meshes ctf-abyss needs. My server crashes upon loading ctf-abyss

ERROR: CM_LoadTerrainModel: Missing terrain model maps/meshes/ctf-abyss/canyon1.terrain!

Chaingun Server Browser
11-03-2017, 12:23 PM,
(11-03-2017, 12:07 PM)animal Wrote: I need a link to that zip. The zip I have does not have the meshes ctf-abyss needs. My server crashes upon loading ctf-abyss

ERROR: CM_LoadTerrainModel: Missing terrain model maps/meshes/ctf-abyss/canyon1.terrain!

That mesh is in SVN, something not right with your update.  That file has been there for months.