Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Transition
11-03-2017, 12:24 PM,
RE: Server Transition
The Xulbia and DO servers are still running the beta.
11-03-2017, 12:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2017, 12:38 PM by animal.)
Yes it is. It seems like it doesn't get copied to /usr/local/share/alienarena/data1/maps/meshes with make install.

The same goes for the dm-annihilation and dm-leviathan mesh files.

*edit*
I just copied the abyss files and it loads.
I will copy the other files too.
[Image: animalt.png]

Chaingun Server Browser
http://hal.nanoid.net/arena/tools/browser
Save a tree or two. Use both sides of toilet paper.
11-05-2017, 06:28 PM,
I just fixed the critical bug in CTF-ZION.  SVN is updated, as is the Steam installer, so update that file on your servers ASAP!
11-05-2017, 06:35 PM,
Done!

Chaingun Server Browser
11-05-2017, 07:47 PM,
(11-05-2017, 06:35 PM)animal Wrote: Done!

Thanks for getting that so quick!

I'm setting up a VM in Southeast Asia now.  We're getting a lot of hits from there, and purchases.  Somewhere like China, could absolutely be a huge coup if people get into us there, say before Quake Champions gets their shit together.
11-05-2017, 08:27 PM,
If you need any help with the servers let me know. I would be more than glad to administer them.

Chaingun Server Browser
11-06-2017, 04:01 AM,
(11-03-2017, 12:23 PM)DeathRay Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 12:07 PM)animal Wrote: I need a link to that zip. The zip I have does not have the meshes ctf-abyss needs. My server crashes upon loading ctf-abyss

ERROR: CM_LoadTerrainModel: Missing terrain model maps/meshes/ctf-abyss/canyon1.terrain!

That mesh is in SVN, something not right with your update.  That file has been there for months.
That is an oops. A number of terrain-related files in maps/meshes/ are not in the Linux Makefiles ... so they do not get installed in /usr/local/share. Working on it now.
Cool  Pie fixes everything. So does BACON!
11-06-2017, 08:14 AM,
(11-06-2017, 04:01 AM)stratokaztr Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 12:23 PM)DeathRay Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 12:07 PM)animal Wrote: I need a link to that zip. The zip I have does not have the meshes ctf-abyss needs. My server crashes upon loading ctf-abyss

ERROR: CM_LoadTerrainModel: Missing terrain model maps/meshes/ctf-abyss/canyon1.terrain!

That mesh is in SVN, something not right with your update.  That file has been there for months.
That is an oops. A number of terrain-related files in maps/meshes/ are not in the Linux Makefiles ... so they do not get installed in /usr/local/share. Working on it now.

OK, it was worse than that. Part of it was due to a misunderstanding about what should be installed for non-Steam (i.e. the non-bsp files for the Steam-only maps). The other part was things that were missing because I was out-of-commission for awhile.

Things should be better now with SVN 5552. Building and installing with Autotools should be ok for servers.  Note that the Steam special BSPs and Player Skins are not installed with the Autotools build.
Cool  Pie fixes everything. So does BACON!
11-06-2017, 12:01 PM,
Thanks Strat!

Okay, got my Southeast Asia servers up and running!  Get this, it cost me a grand total of.....5 dollars a month USD Big Grin

Now, why this is important is because...EMJ Advertising, whom I've paid to promote the game, also translates our page to Chinese for us and promotes it in China.
11-06-2017, 12:55 PM,
Are they behind the Great Firewall? They don't show up.

Chaingun Server Browser