Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta testing has concluded.
11-01-2017, 07:04 PM,
Beta testing has concluded.
SVN has been updated to reflect the release protocol, and is no longer compatible with the beta.

This means, servers should be updated at your earliest convenience.  The release is set for Friday on Steam, and the influx of players is expected to be massive, possibly far exceeding any level the game has had, including the boondoggle years of 2007-2011.  We currently have about 30 servers in total, and some of those are still on Gen 2.  In order to handle the incoming players, we are going to need quite a few more servers.  I am leaving 1 server up myself for the beta, just in case someone stumbles across the beta and tries to play.  I'll eventually bring that server down in a few weeks, most likely.  Currently I am running six servers on the East Coast US.  Tomorrow I'm adding a few more in Europe. 

For running servers, I strongly suggest creating a Microsoft Azure account, and creating a Virtual Machine.  You can do this for the purposes of running game servers for under 10 dollars a month, which is probably cheaper than you can do it on the traditional game server sites.  If anyone does this, please let me know, and I'll give you a couple of free keys. 

Next, I have one simple request - review the game on Steam!  One thing that will help this game immensely, is positive reviews on Steam.  Steam promotes and positions it's games based on this, so it's incredibly important to review it.  You guys have been playing for years, so I think you could really make some nice reviews Smile

This is really your opportunity to get what you've wanted - a more active, larger playerbase, and it's an easy way to do it.  Soon I'll post a link to a new blog post that can be used and posted in various places to advertise and promote the game. 

Lastly, I just want to thank each and every one of you for sticking around, and playing the game, and helping out in so many ways.  None of this would have been possible without your input, influence, and helpful critiques.  I cannot thank you enough, and this has been one hell of a ride to say the least.  Regardless if the game is successful or not, I've had so much joy being a part of it, and hope to be for years to come.