Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Atrix
08-26-2012, 05:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2012, 05:36 PM by Freaky.)
Atrix
Some time ago i released my 4th map (freaky4-beta). Ive made some small fixes and improved the lighting, its now at least a bit brighter.
Ive picked the Namesuggesion of Snowwhite: 'Atrix'
The map supports AOA, CTF, DM, TCA and the hybrid modes CTF-AOA and TCA-AOA (some versions using entdef, so you need at least 7.53 to try them localhost)
I created the bot navigation so that bots will capture the flag in CTF, en/disable powernodes in TCA and walk though the whole map in AOA and DM.
Thanks Metalhead, Max, Rigel for giving me some tips how to improve it.

I've made a video this time, so i wont post screenshots (video isnt perfect, but hey i have almost zero experience)

Download
http://aa3rdparty.googlecode.com/files/atrix.zip

Have FUN
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
08-26-2012, 09:00 PM,
RE: Atrix
Nice work Freaky, and as to the video, I thought that was awesome actually! Great work! Smile
08-27-2012, 07:37 AM,
wow cool Video Freaky Smile best Scene for me when you starting fragging Big Grin , the Map is so cool i find Smile
08-27-2012, 07:52 AM,
Great video - wow! The music fit so well, flying around with a sense of danger. I have never seen a new map demo'ed this way, very impressive.
[Image: dorig.png](Art by {OS}Drastic)
system specs in profile
08-27-2012, 08:59 AM,
Awesome Freaky. I love this map and now you've improved it, so, thank you.
[Image: O0jnMys.png]

Original artwork by [OS]Drastic - Paul
Country of origin flag updated by Uncle Caz
08-28-2012, 01:36 AM,
Wow Freaky that update looks pretty dope! I have to admit I have cussed this map a few times on CTF cause I feel like I am running laps! But it is really cool and I like the AOA version a lot. This is a map for shooters too and there are a lot of good angles and cover. It is at its best for CTF when there are a lot of players. I have not played it on Team Deathmatch but I bet it would be awesome, lots of potential for trickery and sneakery. Big Grin It is a really great looking map, the atmosphere and textures look really good and I'm glad you fixed the bot navigation too cause those guys would get stuck down behind some crates and hang out.

I think this would be a fun map to feature in the Tuesday deathmatch tournament sometime.
Humbly report, sir...

[Image: svejk.jpg]

http://boomermooglelove.me.uk/
08-28-2012, 12:52 PM,
Freaky, again, the video is freaky-ing Cool awesome, and I really like the map too. I did, however, notice a bug of sorts when playing on it yesterday. Three seperate times a red bot grabbed the blue flag, got shot, and lost it. The flag, however, somehow got stuck on the other side of the glass wall (in the flag base area, and on the outside of the glass), which was odd, and made retrieving the flag impossible, and instead, had to wait till it timed out and returned to base itself. Another slightly odd thing there, was that the timed period seemed really short, compared to usual, and heck if I know what that means!
Awesome, awesome job Freakster! Just the odd little glitch is all I noticed.
P.S. - The one cool thing to note on the "bug" report above, is that the bots did get the flag! Yay! Means their paths are good, so great job on that as well.
08-28-2012, 04:54 PM,
thx for the comments Smile

Svejk and FragLRock, the reason why the bots takes now the flag is that ive created botpathes - the beta didnt had some

Frag, the bug you reported isnt realy the map itself, well it is, i could try to fix it, but its already released. it also happens on other maps - or rather i noticed somethings like this sometimes (but that wouldnt explains why the flag returned faster, it should take same time as usualy)

The video is improveable, what i will try next time: for example my monitor has 16:10 (i prefer it for working with texts...), so the original video got recorded with this format, but win movie maker (the program i used) just supports 4:3 and 19:9, so there are some black edges
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
08-29-2012, 01:21 PM,
When a flag carrier dies (bot included) the flag is subject to some physics - it doesn't just drop straight down... it falls according to it's disposition at the time its carrier was killed. It cannot go through walls, but it can go through player clipping brushes, and apparently glass too. When that happens, its the same story as when it falls off a platform (ex: ctf-terminal); you must wait for the timeout. This is not a bug and can't be set in the map*. The same is true for the timeout period - which I believe should be constant.
(08-28-2012, 12:52 PM)FragLRock Wrote: The flag, however, somehow got stuck on the other side of the glass wall (in the flag base area, and on the outside of the glass)...

...Another slightly odd thing there, was that the timed period seemed really short, compared to usual...
* It may be possible to use a transparent, solid brush (or other brush flags) to prevent it from going through glass.
[Image: dorig.png](Art by {OS}Drastic)
system specs in profile
04-16-2013, 12:52 PM,
Nice Map, I Could'n install all versions because my AA is the 2010 version (only *.bsp files works) but is very nice, and with *.nod files too. Thanks Freaky