Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Atrix
04-16-2013, 01:15 PM,
RE: Atrix
Thanks Chang
As for your version. you should definitly update. there are lots of improvements and new features Smile
...but you should be able to play on a server that supports the .entdef files, so you can play the map on this way (if im not mistaken)
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
05-11-2014, 02:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014, 03:00 PM by [SiN]trickybilly.)
Major bump, but since Atrix is played and so it is so actual, discussing it is in a way related to the present. I confess this is one of the maps which fascinated me more because it was hard to learn, so after spectating and playing on it for hours, I have a few interesting things I have noticed.

While the map is complex by itself it creates an illusion in some places.

If you look through this window it´s blank space with an asteroid:
[Image: 26p9UJK.jpg?1]

In reality though you should see the space station instead:
[Image: nwjqqNe.jpg]

To sum the up:
[Image: Ou7b5SU.jpg]

The window is also a bit tricky if you try to view through it from the side. You will see through a wall:
[Image: w7kwGBI.jpg]

It is a great map with a superb design, that´s why it was nice to analyze it. The above illusions make it a bit confusing to understand Wink
05-11-2014, 03:56 PM,
If you set a box behind the window where you can see the other side of the space station
then the performance gets a deterioation and you have much more to render. It's the engine that don't
allowed us to bring a lot of details with wide open areas into a map with a good performance. Freaky
did it right, that's the best way what he can do to make the map more playable.
05-11-2014, 04:51 PM,
I am aware of it tricky but thanks for reporting it anyway Smile
By doing it I save a lot of work for creating the space/room between the window and what I should see. Additionaly it is performance related.
What you can see in the last screenshot is engine related. Its a known bug called "skyboxbug" that appears in all quake based games I'm aware of.
Well the map isn't supposed to be realistic, but I will have an eye on further maps to prevent illusions Wink
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]