Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
View New Posts
06-13-2012, 04:57 PM
View New Posts
Perhaps I'm missing something. Sometimes when I click View New Posts it returns that there are no search results? When I do get a list, I can't tell which posts I've read and which I haven't. This could be the sole thing that I liked better about ProBoards. You always get a list starting with the most recent at the top and an Icon to let you know if you have read it or not.

Is there similar functionality here that I am unaware of?

[Image: dorig.png](Art by {OS}Drastic)
system specs in profile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2012, 05:13 PM
RE: View New Posts
(06-13-2012 04:57 PM)SubstreamAI Wrote:  Perhaps I'm missing something. Sometimes when I click View New Posts it returns that there are no search results? When I do get a list, I can't tell which posts I've read and which I haven't. This could be the sole thing that I liked better about ProBoards. You always get a list starting with the most recent at the top and an Icon to let you know if you have read it or not.

Is there similar functionality here that I am unaware of?
The bolded ones are ones that you've not read yet.
06-13-2012, 07:32 PM
(06-13-2012 05:13 PM)Irritant Wrote:  The bolded ones are ones that you've not read yet.
Geeze, I'm getting old. I see it now, but just barely. Dodgy
Thanks! Smile

system specs in profile
06-17-2012, 07:53 PM
I think there may be a bug here. I found this:

Quote: The two links "View New Posts" and "View Today's Posts" link to a search page that will display the user new posts since his or her last visit, or all of the posts that have been made in the last 24 hours.
For me, View New Posts is definitely NOT working the way the above suggests it should. There are several posts about problems with that associated with the use of "plug-ins" for MyBB. Not sure if anyone else is having this problem or not.

system specs in profile
06-18-2012, 01:09 AM
Quote: Not sure if anyone else is having this problem or not
yep, the "View New Posts" works strange Smile

czech web about Alien Arena http://www.alienarena.cz/ and my "blog" about programming in python http://www.berycz.net/
06-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Seems to work ok for me.
06-18-2012, 02:54 PM
I thought "view new posts" wasn't working properly for me also until I realized it just shows the new posts since your last visit. Sometimes it shows nothing if there hasn't been anything new. At first I was expecting it to act like new topics on the last board. So I guess it's doing what it's supposed to for me. I would be nice to be able list all the recent posts in order like the last board, Not just the last 24 hours.

Cheers!

[Image: rilosig3.png]

Clan SiNister Forum
Find all posts by this user
06-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Its not showing everything for me. If I do a search for the word "the" and select a time frame for a week ago and newer, there are frequently posts I have not yet seen that didn't show up on View New Posts.

This is a big liability because I can't know for sure that I've seen everything. It makes keeping up harder Confused

system specs in profile
06-18-2012, 11:38 PM
(06-18-2012 09:59 PM)SubstreamAI Wrote:  Its not showing everything for me. If I do a search for the word "the" and select a time frame for a week ago and newer, there are frequently posts I have not yet seen that didn't show up on View New Posts.

This is a big liability because I can't know for sure that I've seen everything. It makes keeping up harder Confused
That's not how it works. It only shows posts that have been posted since the last time you visited the forums, not threads that you haven't read. A better thing is to look at "View today's posts", and it shows all threads with activity in the last 24 hours. I've always used that on forums that use MyBB.
06-19-2012, 04:15 PM
So what ur saying is there is no "Home Page" like the old forum???...Becuase I can't seem to find one anyhow Sad
(06-18-2012 11:38 PM)Irritant Wrote:  
(06-18-2012 09:59 PM)SubstreamAI Wrote:  Its not showing everything for me. If I do a search for the word "the" and select a time frame for a week ago and newer, there are frequently posts I have not yet seen that didn't show up on View New Posts.

That's not how it works. It only shows posts that have been posted since the last time you visited the forums, not threads that you haven't read. A better thing is to look at "View today's posts", and it shows all threads with activity in the last 24 hours. I've always used that on forums that use MyBB.

[Image: jy42.jpg]
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology
12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645 (NVIDA)
Find all posts by this user