Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gameplay Videos
01-16-2013, 03:08 PM,
Gameplay Videos
Hi Guys i find better when everyone posted here in this Thread your Gameplay Video etc. Smile
I hope that boni print the Thread on in the List Important Threads Smile

okay and Now the last Tourney from yesterday =)
Have fun Smile

01-17-2013, 04:15 AM,
RE: Gameplay Videos
Stickied Smile
Ban? Who Can I Ban???
01-17-2013, 12:41 PM,
a thread for gameplay videos is a good idea (might fits better in a other board)

here is the tournament from 1st january of 2013. i will upload more vids Wink

[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
01-17-2013, 05:56 PM,
thx Boni =) nice Videos Freaky =)
01-17-2013, 10:52 PM,
Really good videos U guys Big Grin ...I know there R apps to record videos and take sceenies....
Could someone recommend a good app that does both and is easy to use during game-play?? Rolleyes

Thanx and cheers to ya Smile
[Image: jy42.jpg]
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology
12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645 (NVIDA)

01-17-2013, 11:39 PM,
Gameplay Videos
Great now I get to see Jade and Brutale frag me again and again....

lol but seriously these are cool, me and muerte watched them a bunch today.
Humbly report, sir...

[Image: svejk.jpg]

http://boomermooglelove.me.uk/
01-18-2013, 11:53 PM,
This thread is golden, nice game Jade the first time I get to see how ugly I die lol, OMG that rocket funround by Freaky was unreal, you are the Messi of rockets Freako.... just beatiful... thanks to both for the videos, keep it up... do you guys have an AA record your game howto somewhere?

All the best, Big Grin
01-19-2013, 09:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2013, 09:31 AM by Freaky.)
there are many ways how to record games and upload them somewhere. here is what i do/use:
1: i record a demo of the game because recording a demo has no impact in gameplay, while recording directly is feels laggy/ less smooth. type 'record nameofyourdemo' in your console to start recording a demo, just type 'stop' to stop it.
2: i play the demo by typing 'demomap nameofyourdemo.dm2' (dont forget the .dm2 extension, the command 'map' should works too).
3: i use fraps to record the demo into a .avi video *note: there are other programs, but i havent found a free one for windows which worked good. linux users needs a other program anyways. - a .avi recorder integrated in aa/crx would be a nice feature, other games have it. it might simplify some things :S
4: i convert the .avi video format with any video converter and upload it on youtube. or i edit the videos with 'windows movie maker' and upload them (i usual do this on mapreleases) *note: there are dozen of video converters. i downloaded and use the first one which was shown on a downloadsite...

hope that helped you. its basicly just record a demo. play this demo and record a video. convert the video (if needed) and upload it on youtube (or somewhere else)
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
01-19-2013, 09:56 AM,
I tried RecordMyDesktop in linux... but couldnt set it well, my PC couldnt handle it and the recording into a video format wasnt smooth Sad Im going to try it again (maybe record it on my new laptop, it's better machine, could handle it) and post my demos...
czech web about Alien Arena http://aa.berycz.net/ and my "blog" about programming in python and traveling http://www.berycz.net/
01-20-2013, 10:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2013, 01:18 PM by berycz.)
How to make demo (video format) under linux?

1) record your demo in game console with "record filename"
2) install RecordMyDesktop (+ gtk-recordmydesktop / qt-recordmydesktop) I used recordMyDesktop : 0.3.8.1 + gtk-recordMyDesktop: 0.3.8
3) open RecordMyDesktop gui and game (I didnt use fullscreen AA and choosed the window for recording)
4) set the path and filename in RecordMyDesktop for the new videofile
5) game console "demomap filename.dm2"
6) start recording with RecordMyDesktop
7) just try to record only a few secs and test, if you have sounds there... if not:
- you can't have sounds turned off on your desktop while recording in RecordMyDesktop!
- change DEFAULT to default in Advanced->Sound->Device
8) if everything goes well, do it again and record all the video
9) convert/compres/cut the ogv videofile if you like (for example with avidemux) and post on youtube or anywhere

btw. I made the video 1280x720px (the game window resolution) with 25fps (RecordMyDesktop advanced settings) on my laptop (Intel Core i7 3520M Ivy Bridge, RAM 8GB, NVIDIA GeForce GT630M 2GB) and worked pretty well... no game lags like on my desktop, when i tried before (long time ago)

ogv video supported on youtube
(tho took me more than 3hours to upload 2.4GB there lol)
czech web about Alien Arena http://aa.berycz.net/ and my "blog" about programming in python and traveling http://www.berycz.net/