Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
msvcr100.dll procedure entry point wmemcpy_s could not be located
01-20-2013, 06:25 PM,
msvcr100.dll procedure entry point wmemcpy_s could not be located
Win 7 x64 sp1 all updates present

Error: the procedure entry point wmemcpy_s could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcr100.dll

this pops up as soon as you click on alienarena.exe and is a circular error -- i.e. you hit OK and the same error window pops up again and again

the only out is to run task manager and kill alienarena.exe directly

Interestingly I found that msvcr100.dll is part of the virtual c++ redistro from microsoft so (I didn't notice it was in the AA folder until later)
so I removed then reinstalled virtual C++ redistribution 2010 and 2012 versions, fully updated them etc (had no effect)

The really really strange part about this is that if you open Galaxy and use the tool 'launch alien arena' AA will launch just fine
Typically I use Galaxy to find servers (esp when chaingun.org was not working - thanks Tony for getting that back online!) and it hands off to alienarena.exe w/o issue (and still does even when this error pops up when running aa directly)

I began launching AA directly for various reasons (one of which is this http://red.planetarena.org/forum/showthr...162&page=2 problem when trying to run a server) and this msvcr100.dll error keeps popping up.

Input and guidance appreciated..thanks in advance
Panz Sad
01-20-2013, 06:37 PM,
RE: msvcr100.dll procedure entry point wmemcpy_s could not be located
Is alienarena.exe being run directly from the Alien Arena installation folder?
Quote:* maxtothemax is back
<maxtothemax> with a vengeance
<maxtothemax> and chips
<maxtothemax> and bean dip
01-20-2013, 06:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2013, 10:47 PM by PanZino.)
(01-20-2013, 06:37 PM)Max Wrote: Is alienarena.exe being run directly from the Alien Arena installation folder?
YES - i am running it from the alien arena folder thanks Max
01-21-2013, 05:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013, 09:28 PM by PanZino.)
this may be related to alienarena having been called CRX.exe previously
its saying crx:alienarena.exe entry point not found but starts with alienarena as the error
there is clearly some reference off in the implementation/calls at startup with the new naming I BELIEVE (could be wrong)
i did find that if you keep hitting OK the game usually eventually starts...takes more than 10 cycles

this on win7 x64 and vista x32 both

UPDATE: It will start if you keep hitting OK in vista but 7 x64 it usually will not
01-21-2013, 12:18 PM,
What version(s) of msvcr100.dll are there. The one in SVN is "Product Version: 10.00.20327.1". The one I've got in C:\Windows\sysWOW64 is "Product Version 10.00.40219.325" (originally named msvcr100_clr400.dll). Either appear to work ok on my Windows 7 64-bit.
Cool  Pie fixes everything. So does BACON!
01-21-2013, 09:30 PM,
(01-21-2013, 12:18 PM)stratokaztr Wrote: What version(s) of msvcr100.dll are there. The one in SVN is "Product Version: 10.00.20327.1". The one I've got in C:\Windows\sysWOW64 is "Product Version 10.00.40219.325" (originally named msvcr100_clr400.dll). Either appear to work ok on my Windows 7 64-bit.
I don't know..when I first research that dll I found it was in the distro for C++ visual redistro so naturally that's where I aimed my attention ...only later while poking around in the AA folder did I see it was already included in there....
01-21-2013, 10:46 PM,
In Windows Explorer, search for msvcr100.dll, which should give you a list. Right-click on an entry, left-click on Properties, left-click on the Details tab. The version information is there. My guess is that the installation of msvcr100.dll is damaged in some way. The rules for which .dll is chosen are complicated and can be affected by environment variables and registry settings; look on line for technical documentation about that.
01-22-2013, 02:03 AM,
(01-21-2013, 10:46 PM)stratokaztr Wrote: In Windows Explorer, search for msvcr100.dll, which should give you a list. Right-click on an entry, left-click on Properties, left-click on the Details tab. The version information is there. My guess is that the installation of msvcr100.dll is damaged in some way. The rules for which .dll is chosen are complicated and can be affected by environment variables and registry settings; look on line for technical documentation about that.
Thanks for the input, I downloaded AA 7.60 onto a vista system x32 (fully updated) and got the same error
I was thinking it was SVN at first
I moved the SVN folder I had onto the vista system and got the same results there
I made a new folder and downloaded the entire SVN fresh..SAME results

now your info on the registry problem is intriguing -- but then the fact that it replicated itself on both win 7 and vista make it doubtful (not impossible though)

I had originally thought the dll was corrupted and having not seen it in the AA folder I removed and reinstalled Visual C++ distributable 2010 and 2012 to get fresh copies in the system folder....of course now I know AA has its own and as I said I have 2 fresh installs of AA (SVN and 7.60 off the maverick server)

Do you still want me to pull up all the details on the dll variants or given this input do you think that's mostly a dead end? IE could it really be calling the wrong DLL on 2 different systems with windows variants (vista/win7) ?

additional details

The crash from that dll call just showed up for me a few days ago
I can't think of any apps running that could conflict as yet

Thanks
01-22-2013, 05:47 AM,
(01-22-2013, 02:03 AM)PanZino Wrote: Do you still want me to pull up all the details on the dll variants or given this input do you think that's mostly a dead end? IE could it really be calling the wrong DLL on 2 different systems with windows variants (vista/win7) ?
Yes. No. Yes. Smile

From what you have described, it is unlikely that it is a problem with Alien Arena. The msvcr100.dll error message may be misleading; could just be a side effect of something else. I am not an expert at Windows troubleshooting; recommend you look for clues on-line, starting with Microsoft website.