Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little problem running alien arena
04-06-2013, 11:17 AM,
Little problem running alien arena
in the context that if you use the 'bind' feature within the console screen, to add a 'pause' function to the game, you get some sort of error message each subsequent time you reload the program when you rebind the key to act as the pause key (i.e you get some error message saying it's an illegal command or something like that) in the message area

I believe the syntax is

bind PAUSE 'pause'

or was it

bind 'pause' PAUSE

Alternatively if you just type in 'paused' (or was it 'pause) in the console screen it has the same effect as the former and the same problem if you use that console command next time you reload the program (i.e you get some error message saying it's an illegal command or something like that)

Additionally what is the console command list for alien arena (it mentioned something about a wiki page in the game instructions which i visited but couldn't see any referrence to 'console commands', or a list of console commands)
04-06-2013, 06:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013, 06:17 PM by Max.)
RE: Little problem running alien arena
The first command is correct. However, Alien Arena will refuse to pause if there are any other players (even with nothing but AI opponents.) This is a reasonable design decision for a multiplayer game.

To get a list of commands, the command is "cmdlist" but unfortunately it still won't display a description of each command. Some commands have built-in help that displays if you invoke them without any arguments.
Quote:* maxtothemax is back
<maxtothemax> with a vengeance
<maxtothemax> and chips
<maxtothemax> and bean dip
05-07-2013, 08:35 AM,
I don't do multiplayer (single player option only)...not my thing, so I dunno why the syntax or command keeps throwing up that error message
05-08-2013, 01:13 AM,
But Max, why does pause even exist, if you can't pause a game with bots only?
(04-06-2013, 06:17 PM)Max Wrote: The first command is correct. However, Alien Arena will refuse to pause if there are any other players (even with nothing but AI opponents.) This is a reasonable design decision for a multiplayer game.

To get a list of commands, the command is "cmdlist" but unfortunately it still won't display a description of each command. Some commands have built-in help that displays if you invoke them without any arguments.
[Image: clantagXulb.png]
Original artwork by [OS]Drastic - Paul
Country of origin flag update by Uncle Caz
05-08-2013, 01:56 AM,
Historical reasons. It's one of the features of single-player Quake code that remains in the code. They are harmless so there is no good reason to remove them.
(05-08-2013, 01:13 AM)Xulb Wrote: But Max, why does pause even exist, if you can't pause a game with bots only?
(04-06-2013, 06:17 PM)Max Wrote: The first command is correct. However, Alien Arena will refuse to pause if there are any other players (even with nothing but AI opponents.) This is a reasonable design decision for a multiplayer game.

Cool  Pie fixes everything. So does BACON!