Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Here
04-14-2013, 06:03 AM,
Newbie Here
Hi all

I go by the name Bach Patu ingame & thought I would introduce myself here Smile

Been having a "Blast" (Pun intended of course Big Grin ) playing AA (I die more than I frag but I suspect that's normal & will diminish with experience Smile ). Since I'm so new to the game, I tend to stick to the less battle-intensive areas until/unless it seems as though hardly anyone is around except my teammates (Whom I've found myself shooting at quite a bit to see who my friends are supposed to be ingame but I suppose that's normal too Big Grin *LOL!* ). That's when I pick a target & fire my weapon just to see what (If anything) comes out of the woodwork (Got fragged once tonight by doing this but I suspect the fragger was probably laying in wait for someone to do what I wound up doing)

Most of my gameplay has mostly been inside space stations though I did wind up in battle on a snowy asteroid once (Which was a nice change)

A few things I've discovered so far though are.....

* It's not best to fly a space ship around INSIDE a space station (Depending on where you are, the corridors can be quite narrow to fit a craft though. Plus firing a weapon from that ship can not only lead to you fragging someone but can also lead to you shooting at your own teammate in the process)

* Speaking of narrow corridors, you can easily find yourself falling off the side of stairs if you're too close to the edge (Remember there are no handrails for you to grab onto on those space stations :d *LOL!* )

* If you fall off the ledge OF THE STATION, you're already dead. The enemy doesn't get credit for fragging you when you do this Big Grin

* The default weapon you're given at the beginning of each game/round will never the best one (There's a reason why you have to search for & grab the other more powerful weapons Big Grin )

Well that's all I can think of right now. Hope to catch ya ingame Smile

Cheers Big Grin

PC
04-14-2013, 06:30 AM,
RE: Newbie Here
Hi

Welcome on board !

You can join us on IRC : http://red.planetarena.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=32
04-14-2013, 06:40 AM,
Welcome to Alien Arena and its Forum PC Gameboy Smile

Looking forward playing with you Smile
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
04-14-2013, 06:43 AM,
heyas newbie Smile

when u play team games, u might have noticed some players have red bubbles on their
heads and some have blue bubbles.

at the bottom of your screen, u can see if u have red or blue bubbles on ur own head.
(shown by a blue or red bar).

hope to c u in irc too.

welcome to alien arena Cool
Ban? Who Can I Ban???
04-14-2013, 12:37 PM,
Welcome to Alien Arena! Fasten your seat belt and enjoy the ride Smile
[Image: animalt.png]

Chaingun Server Browser
http://hal.nanoid.net/arena/tools/browser
Save a tree or two. Use both sides of toilet paper.
04-14-2013, 04:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2013, 04:35 PM by PC Gameboy.)
Yeah I thought of joining the chat room too but since I'm so new, I want (And need) as few distractions as possible Smile

Noticed the red/blue thing too. After awhile, I began to notice that when I was shooting at red people, I quickly discovered these were my teammates & shooting at them would accomplish nothing. I then placed my focus on shooting at blue people

Funny example of this - I wandered down the corridor of one station looking to round the corner but something was in my way. I turned to my right & lo & behold there were TWO blue people who looked like they were seemingly talking to each other (They were even looking at each other ingame). I mean, I was as toe to toe with them as they were at each other.

Since I was as close as I was & couldn't tell whether they were "Friend or Foe" as it were simply by sizing him up, I found out the other way I could - By firing my weapon at one of them

Well I fragged him (And probably his buddy too, I dunno because my focus then was on the one my weapon was aimed at) BUT in so doing, the explosion & backfire were so powerful I wound up fragging myself as well

Maybe a color bubble on the chest & back might make this easier? Just wondering Smile

Anyhow.....Thanks for the welcome Smile

Cheers Smile

PC
04-16-2013, 04:35 AM,
Welcome in Alien Arena...! Smile

(Yet another novelist) Tongue