Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To introduce me, Alman Osman
04-15-2013, 07:20 PM,
Hello fellowship of alien arena,

I spend a lot of time playing in aa and enyoyed it. So I want to introduce myself to give you an idea of me.

As an oldie, playing with pcs (in far past known as home computer) for a long time (i.e. quake and its father, castle wolf...), i am happy to discover the worlds of alien arena. And - excuse my english, please, it´s not my native language.

Because of family matters i do not have so much time to improve my gaming as fast as normally. So be patient, if I shoot YOU with the other colored flag because at the first glance it looks like the opposite team. Sorry!!! But I think it has become better last times. I wonder how to jump that high... or moving so fast. Sometimes I think I´m just a turtle... :-)

See you soon in frostbyte?

As an opponent or teammate - anyway - have a lot of frags!!!

Alman Osman
04-15-2013, 09:11 PM,
RE: To introduce me, Alman Osman
The way we run fast is by doing something called "strafejumping." We can jump higher by "rocket jumping." Strafejumping and rocket jumping exist in a lot of games, so it should be easy to find videos.

In Alien Arena, you can also go faster by dodging (double-tap a movement key,) then strafejumping afterward to continue gaining speed. Also, most of the weapons (not just the rocket launcher) can be used for rocket jumping.

Hope that helps, I'll see you in the arena! Smile
Quote:* maxtothemax is back
<maxtothemax> with a vengeance
<maxtothemax> and chips
<maxtothemax> and bean dip
04-15-2013, 10:27 PM,
Hi there! I have seen you playing in a lot of matches lately. Welcome!
Humbly report, sir...

[Image: svejk.jpg]

http://boomermooglelove.me.uk/
04-16-2013, 02:18 AM,
Welcome Alman-- great to see you in forum. Have had several good games with you, hope to have more!
X
[Image: clantagXulb.png]
Original artwork by [OS]Drastic - Paul
Country of origin flag update by Uncle Caz
04-16-2013, 03:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013, 03:25 AM by :ac:[SiN]METALHEAD.)
Welcome Alman .....I too have seen U play alot recently....I also see U practicing with bots...that is a great way to tune ur skills..
I have been here 3 1/2 years and I still practice with bots...they're the only players I can beat...ask anybody... Big Grin
Any ways, just ask some of the veterans who "GunJump" alot..they will show u how..
Hope to see U in the arena...cheers \m/
[Image: jy42.jpg]
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology
12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645 (NVIDA)

04-16-2013, 04:05 AM,
Welcome Smile
04-16-2013, 04:37 AM,
Welcome Alman in Alien Arena and its forums, enjoy your stay...! Smile
04-16-2013, 04:47 AM,
Hi Alman and welcome!

You must have been playing with Bery and Darkmatter alot. They have mastered those skills. As already mentioned, google for strafe jumping and rocket jumping. Do some reading then ask someone who nows about those skills to help you out on a server for a bit training.
[Image: animalt.png]

Chaingun Server Browser
http://hal.nanoid.net/arena/tools/browser
Save a tree or two. Use both sides of toilet paper.
04-16-2013, 09:33 AM,
Alman -- Eddie (I guy I can never beat) is PROUD that he never jumps. If you can shoot as fast as Eddie, no need to jump---X
[Image: clantagXulb.png]
Original artwork by [OS]Drastic - Paul
Country of origin flag update by Uncle Caz
04-16-2013, 09:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013, 10:07 AM by alman osman.)
(04-15-2013, 09:11 PM)Max Wrote: The way we run fast is by doing something called "strafejumping." We can jump higher by "rocket jumping." Strafejumping and rocket jumping exist in a lot of games, so it should be easy to find videos.

In Alien Arena, you can also go faster by dodging (double-tap a movement key,) then strafejumping afterward to continue gaining speed. Also, most of the weapons (not just the rocket launcher) can be used for rocket jumping.

Hope that helps, I'll see you in the arena! Smile
Thank you Max, will try to dodge and strafejumping and surely break my fingers ... cu soon... Rolleyes Alman Osman Rolleyes

(04-15-2013, 10:27 PM)Svejk Wrote: Hi there! I have seen you playing in a lot of matches lately. Welcome!
Thank you, Svejk Rolleyes

(04-16-2013, 03:24 AM):ac:[SiN]METALHEAD Wrote: Welcome Alman .....I too have seen U play alot recently....I also see U practicing with bots...that is a great way to tune ur skills..
I have been here 3 1/2 years and I still practice with bots...they're the only players I can beat...ask anybody... Big Grin
Any ways, just ask some of the veterans who "GunJump" alot..they will show u how..
Hope to see U in the arena...cheers \m/
Thank you,
:ac:[SiN]METALHEAD, i will keep on learning, fighting, dying and having a lot of adrenaline... cu in AA - Alman Osman

(04-16-2013, 04:05 AM)[SiN]trickybilly Wrote: Welcome Smile
Thank you,
[SiN]trickybilly
-
cu in AA - Alman Osman

(04-16-2013, 02:18 AM)Xulb Wrote: Welcome Alman-- great to see you in forum. Have had several good games with you, hope to have more!
X
Thank you, Xulb!!! We will have great times, for sure! I will practice even a little bit more to be a good defender of "my" flag ... cu in AA Alman Osman

(04-16-2013, 04:37 AM)[SiN]Misfit Wrote: Welcome Alman in Alien Arena and its forums, enjoy your stay...! Smile
Thank you,

[SiN]Misfit
cu in AA Smile

(04-16-2013, 09:33 AM)Xulb Wrote: Alman -- Eddie (I guy I can never beat) is PROUD that he never jumps. If you can shoot as fast as Eddie, no need to jump---X
I will look out for him! :-)

(04-16-2013, 04:47 AM)animal Wrote: Hi Alman and welcome!

You must have been playing with Bery and Darkmatter alot. They have mastered those skills. As already mentioned, google for strafe jumping and rocket jumping. Do some reading then ask someone who nows about those skills to help you out on a server for a bit training.
Hi Animal,
thank you! Could be darkmatter, I saw him often and most at first or second place, in opposite to me, I am looking always almost from the end of the list of heroes... :-) I will google and practice ... cu in AA - Alman Osman