Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other "data" folder?
04-28-2013, 10:41 AM,
Other "data" folder?
Hi again people:
Again i have this stupid question:
In Alien Arena there are two data folders: data1, and Arena (For downloaded files).
Can i add one third folder, for example "data2" for to have other diferent maps and other textures?
Of course, with some kind of command code, the game have to use this new folder too, to find the other maps and textures.
Thanks again.
04-28-2013, 12:09 PM,
RE: Other "data" folder?
While I'm not that familiar with the games inner workings, I don't think this is possible. Don't take my word for it though.

Just another question (just curious), why would you want to have it in another folder? What's wrong with the normal one? Smile
Oi!
But don't ask me what I think of you,
I might not give the answer that you want me to.
04-28-2013, 01:54 PM,
I think you could do something like "set game arena2" to switch to a different "arena" folder.
Quote:* maxtothemax is back
<maxtothemax> with a vengeance
<maxtothemax> and chips
<maxtothemax> and bean dip
04-29-2013, 11:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013, 11:38 AM by Chang.)
(04-28-2013, 12:09 PM)Gwen Wrote: While I'm not that familiar with the games inner workings, I don't think this is possible. Don't take my word for it though.

Just another question (just curious), why would you want to have it in another folder? What's wrong with the normal one? Smile
I would like to do this because in other post (http://red.planetarena.org/forum/showthr...n=lastpost) i saw that there's some maps from other games that works in Alien Arena: i would like to install them, but separated of the original Alien Arena maps. to differentiate them Smile

(04-28-2013, 01:54 PM)Max Wrote: I think you could do something like "set game arena2" to switch to a different "arena" folder.
Thanks Max! It worked.
See you Smile
04-29-2013, 08:17 PM,
One moment:
It not works so nice:
Now, Alien Arena doesn't load maps from arena folder and it have two config.cfg: one in arena folder, and other in arena2 folder, but it cant save configurations...
Anyone know how to fix this please?
04-30-2013, 03:53 PM,
(04-29-2013, 08:17 PM)Chang Wrote: One moment:
It not works so nice:
Now, Alien Arena doesn't load maps from arena folder and it have two config.cfg: one in arena folder, and other in arena2 folder, but it cant save configurations...
Anyone know how to fix this please?

This is normal behavior. "set game arena" to switch back to Alien Arena.
Quote:* maxtothemax is back
<maxtothemax> with a vengeance
<maxtothemax> and chips
<maxtothemax> and bean dip
04-30-2013, 05:47 PM,
ah! i think that it can't be it.
I would like to have 3 data folders working at the same time (data1, data2. and arena).
But not switching. alltime the 3 folders.