Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attention all server ops, part II.
06-20-2012, 06:29 PM,
Attention all server ops, part II.
I have cleaned up SVN immensely today.

This means a TON of old, unused, duplicate maps have been taken out of SVN.

Many cases, such as dm-leviathan had been replaced twice over. In all cases of maps that received updates, the older maps and any associated files have been removed. In cases where discontinued maps have been taken out, their bot pathing files remain, since those files don't get downloaded by clients. (for example, dm-europa2k8, map is gone, but bot path file is still there).

All server ops as of today must make the switch to current maps if they update from SVN. This means maps like dm-dynamo2k8, dm-bloodfactory, dm-leviathan2k8, and dm-crucible2k8 MUST be updated to their 2k12 counterparts in your map rotation, or the server will hang.

All of these files are in the http repo, so it won't be bad for clients downloading them. If you want, don't update for the next week or so until the release is out, but, I would suggest that you do and get it done and over with, to make sure your servers are set up correctly.

Remember we now have a lot of new maps, particularly ctf and tca maps, so make sure these great new maps make it into your rotations.
06-20-2012, 09:44 PM,
RE: Attention all server ops, part II.
Actually, a bunch of bot paths appear to have been removed in the latest revision:
Code:
D    botinfo/dm-zorn.tmp
D    botinfo/dm-leviathan2k8.tmp
D    botinfo/dm-dynamo2k8.tmp
D    botinfo/dm-dismal2k8.tmp
D    botinfo/dm-crucible2k8.tmp
D    botinfo/dm-bloodfactory.tmp
D    botinfo/aoa-frost.tmp
D    botinfo/dm-aquous.tmp
D    botinfo/nav/dm-leviathan2k8.nod
D    botinfo/nav/dm-leviathan.nod
D    botinfo/nav/dm-dynamo2k8.nod
D    botinfo/nav/ctf-vesuvius.nod
D    botinfo/nav/dm-crucible2k8.nod
D    botinfo/nav/dm-bloodfactory.nod
Quote:* maxtothemax is back
<maxtothemax> with a vengeance
<maxtothemax> and chips
<maxtothemax> and bean dip
06-20-2012, 10:15 PM,
FYI
It's been a while since I've updated on svn so I tried to do a clean install today.
It crashed on me towards the end of the make process.

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `botinfo/dm-bloodfactory.tmp', needed by `all-am'. Stop.

Seems that something was missing?

Cheers!
06-20-2012, 11:39 PM,
You have to do the alternate install until Strat returns and updates Autotools.
06-20-2012, 11:41 PM,
@ Max - yes, I removed bot pathing files of older maps that have been replaced by updated versions. I only kept bot paths of old maps that were discontinued altogether. In no case should someone be running dm-crucible2k8, dm-leviathan2k8, etc on an updated server.
06-21-2012, 12:47 AM,
(06-20-2012, 11:39 PM)Irritant Wrote: You have to do the alternate install until Strat returns and updates Autotools.
Yeah, I remembered something about that from the old forum so I gave it a shot and still didn't work. Possibly because I did a compete uninstall and not just an update. No worries though, I have something up and running till strat can sort it out.
Thanks Smile