Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CTF-pleiades-beta
07-20-2013, 12:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2013, 02:03 AM by BetelGeuse.)
CTF-pleiades-beta
*update* 7/29/13
Did a vast amount of work to the map outlining features. Pretty much all the brushes got replaced, but kept the same layout. Needs to stay in Beta due to the amount of changes. But don't think much more (if anything) will be added.
All pics below are updated to the beta2 stage.

ctf-pleiades-beta2: https://code.google.com/p/aa3rdparty/dow...p&can=2&q=
pics:

[Image: AlienArena_058_zpsf98d609e.jpg] [Image: AlienArena_057_zps39261811.jpg] [Image: AlienArena_061_zpse472cc70.jpg] [Image: AlienArena_060_zps8d27219c.jpg] [Image: AlienArena_062_zps933aef69.jpg] [Image: AlienArena_059_zps8817a387.jpg]
AMD FX 8350 8-core @ 4.2Ghz CPU
16GB 1600 G Skill RipJaws RAM
2 EVGA FTW SIGNATURE GTX660ti (in SLI) 1046Mhz Core GPU
XFX PRO850W PSU
Win 7 PRO 64-bit OS
07-20-2013, 12:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2013, 08:44 AM by Freaky.)
RE: CTF-pleiades-beta
your the mapping machine! lol

few suggesions, things i would do:

1) the light in the pyramide in the blue base looks too much like purple.

2) you should increase the height of the grass (i mean the shader grass).

3) all rocks, so all walls of the cave looks to artifactily. i mean they are straight. rocks usualy have a "wild" geometry. you can do it for example like ive done in the kingston map. first you split all walls into squares. then you make 2 triangles of each square. now you can move the verticles on a axis... probably explained bad. here is a lil tutorial http://www.katsbits.com/tutorials/idtech...-based.php i dont think this tutorial is very good, i have seen a much better one in this case but i cant find it anymore :/ - note: when you do this beware that you have much more brushes, so much surfaces what means more polys. That might hurts the fps count, so dont do it that often as i did in kingston. you dont need todo it in the whole map, and you can make those triangles huge, maybe 256*256 or more units...
EDIT: thats the tutorial for rockwalls i meant: http://ingar.satgnu.net/gtkradiant/tutor...walls.html

beside this the map is good and has a surprising layout Smile
oh and ive uploaded it to the http downloadrepo Wink
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
07-29-2013, 05:43 PM,
Fixed them areas Freaky, and did a lot of environmental changes to the map. Needs to stay in beta due to the amount of things changed.
*updated the first post to reflect this*

ctf-pleiades-beta2: https://code.google.com/p/aa3rdparty/dow...p&can=2&q=
XFX PRO850W PSU
Win 7 PRO 64-bit OS
07-29-2013, 06:04 PM,
Nice work BG Smile
I noticed that when you go back where the pyramids are the rock mountain between the 2 bases gets a "see through" look.

[Image: x3hx.jpg]

Up and running on BBM ctf
And again nice map. Well done.
[Image: animalt.png]

Chaingun Server Browser
http://hal.nanoid.net/arena/tools/browser
Map Packs by Xenos
http://hal.nanoid.net/aa3rdparty
Save a tree or two. Use both sides of toilet paper.
07-29-2013, 09:46 PM,
DO servers have been updated to beta2
[Image: dorig.png](Art by {OS}Drastic)
system specs in profile
07-31-2013, 08:01 AM,
Very good map! (But very long ways to go/run/jump for me as rookie Huh )
But: Makes a lot of fun to play!!! Big Grin
Thank you!
07-31-2013, 03:09 PM,
This map is now just more worse than before but a bit improved.

worse:
-waves on ground _ reason: lost speed
-pyramide shots to other pyramide _ reason: pure camping

better/improved:
-around map _ reason: better to go and more allocation in map
No, Signature needed tho?!
07-31-2013, 06:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2013, 06:32 PM by BetelGeuse.)
Yes animal, I noticed that too. The map is quite long due to the height of the pyramid. I even double checked to make sure there isn't any "sky" brushes behind the rocks on that side of the map.

Thanks Alman, it is a bit big...but is a bit shorter now than its first beta stage. (had it shorter before, but with play testing, the height of the pyramid allowed for an easy, speedier way out of the base, which I could forsee a few people taking advantage of that)

lol vaan...not every map will be accustomed to your play style =)....
Ground is meant to be uneven to go along with the walls being uneven. (followed your brothers advice on uneven textures to add more realistic view to the map)
I allowed the top of the pyramid to be open for shooting across. but a player can not go over the middle, just shoot through it.
SideNote: The map in my opinion is a lot better... The uneven ground prevents many successful gunjumps and slows down players to keep the cheapness to a minimum and more of a fair play style for newer players. (ie..no rooftop access like titan, or fence camping...preventing going over the center like ahtcity (very cheap move imo))

(07-31-2013, 06:26 PM)BetelGeuse Wrote: Yes animal, I noticed that too. The map is quite long due to the height of the pyramid. I even double checked to make sure there isn't any "sky" brushes behind the rocks on that side of the map.

Thanks Alman, it is a bit big...but is a bit shorter now than its first beta stage. (had it shorter before, but with play testing, the height of the pyramid allowed for an easy, speedier way out of the base, which I could forsee a few people taking advantage of that)

lol vaan...not every map will be accustomed to your play style =)....
Ground is meant to be uneven to go along with the walls being uneven. (followed your brothers advice on uneven textures to add more realistic view to the map)
I allowed the top of the pyramid to be open for shooting across. but a player can not go over the middle, just shoot through it.
XFX PRO850W PSU
Win 7 PRO 64-bit OS
07-31-2013, 08:11 PM,
That part of your map disappearing is likely because it is at a distance where the engine is clipping it, I have seen this before and it comes down to the distance to the rocks being too great. Only one way to fix it afaik, shorten the map.
08-10-2013, 11:57 AM,
rofl!

also it is okay but i not understand: you also say to camp at top is also more skill than use some tricky jumpsto go over map (wich is skill)?
and that you better just walk in map than run with speed without /gun/jumping?

pure camnp - pure skill xd

well you can do maps how you want but i just want to help.
but this i found just rofl.

sorry for late reply you all know I inactive in forum mostly <333
No, Signature needed tho?!