Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alien Arena - Tactical manual
08-29-2013, 05:56 PM,
Alien Arena - Tactical manual
Here is the manual for Alien Arena: Tactical.

As many of you know, we are releasing an Alpha of the Demo version next week, along with a brand new full release of Alien Arena.

http://red.planetarena.org/files/aatactical_manual.pdf

Alien Arena: Tactical will be launched in full hopefully by this Spring. The goal is for it to have about 7 new levels, and possibly some more classes over what the demo offers.

For now, the idea of the Alpha is to get the ball rolling, get people playing, and testing this thing out. Remember it's very early in development, and some things will require being added or tweaked.
08-30-2013, 09:16 AM,
RE: Alien Arena - Tactical manual
I can't wait to see this, there is quite a bit more to it than I first thought.

P.S @John Have you forgotten my request for some tactical entity definitions? Wink
08-31-2013, 07:48 AM,
Nice work, but the tutorial is improveable tbh. for example you should show how the computers, powersources, backupgens, ammodepots and other items looks like. a screenshot of each one with a description - like you have done it with the playerclasses

Btw @Xenos, those entfefs you commited in SVN aren't complete. misc_laser is missing for example (and maybe more)...
[Image: 1mj8I8vrcsu7.png]
09-01-2013, 01:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2013, 02:04 AM by xenos.)
(08-31-2013, 07:48 AM)Freaky Wrote: Nice work, but the tutorial is improveable tbh. for example you should show how the computers, powersources, backupgens, ammodepots and other items looks like. a screenshot of each one with a description - like you have done it with the playerclasses

Btw @Xenos, those entfefs you commited in SVN aren't complete. misc_laser is missing for example (and maybe more)...
Yeah, I mentioned that in the svn log. Those were just the ones I could get from tac-extermination. I removed the lasers from the definitions a while back, this was mainly because using some of the laser types caused weirdness with brushes, but there was also a problem with the standard laser going straight through the info_notnull or info_null (I forget off the top of my head which you target them at), this can be seen in the discontined jizzvalve map. So they were basically useless at that time, has that problem been fixed? I will re-add these.

Edit: Just had a look, there is a target_laser already in the definitions. I don't know whether misc_laser is a replacement or a new entity, so will include both for the time being.